ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360/PS3 Which do you have?

Out of curiosity why is the online gamine experience of the 360 so far ahead?

Do both not perform the same function of allowing multiplayer games online? which by all acounts is all you need it for.

Nope they don't. There are numerous things XBL does that PSN does not.

Mini Cooper

Do both not perform the same function of allowing multiplayer games online? which by all acounts is all you need it for.

I just find the ps3 online experience to be a lot lonelier than the xbox one if that makes sense. Always seems to be more fun on xbox.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member

Because they have paid £35 for the pleasure, It has to be better doesn't it? ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
360, but I think there are marginal differences between the two now really, although for me the online is better on the 360, prefer the controller and has got a couple of exclusive franchises such as Halo which to me are killer apps.

Either way you will be happy though I think!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Its funny isn't it when you look back on last generation & it was the PS2 that was the lead format. Funnly enough, I had an Xbox and always thought it was miles better than the PS2, but the PS2 had more games.

This time around the Xbox 360 has become a very good console & is atm the lead format for multi-format games. In a way I am gald as it lets Sony know that they can't rest on there their loralls.

I have a 360 and have done since day 1 & have had one console have 3rrod, but I wouldn't ever get a PS3 this time around its the 360 which has the best games imho... I am not a Microsoft fanboy by any means, but feel that they are really pushing gaming atm.

XBL does have better 'firmware' but its laggy and relies on P2P connections for its first party titles whereas PSN provide dedicated servers for up to 60 players lag free:cool:

I meant downloads. Sorry.

They are slow as f**k.

Still not got it wired in yet Roy! ;)

Cookie Xbox are more expensive when you add on all the odds and sods like wifi, live, charge and play kit etc!

I sometimes have it wired when I'm streaming 1080p content. Wired or wireless, the PSN download speeds are slow and unreliable. For me. Granted, it would be great if XBL was free, but it isn't. £35 per year doesn't make or break a console buying decision IMO.

I am surprised that some people are of the opinion that RROD is a non-issue. There's no excusing the fact that it's poor engineering. They fix it. Great but, let's not pretend it isn't a pain in the ass having to have it fixed or replaced.

Personally, I'd be more gutted if my PS3 broke, because I use it far more than the xbox.

Back on topic (sort of). At the end of the day people use these consoles for differnet reasons. In the classic context of a games console, if you want to play Forza 3 and Uncharted 2, you need both machines. Fact :D

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Think the 360 pad is great fits my hands perfectly too, only thing i don't like about it is the D pad, don't like the corner bits filled in. The sixaxis PS3 ones are really flimsy need to invest in a Dualshock 3.

I don't like the PS3 pad either. Thumbing the dildos doesn't feel natural. IMO they feel perched on top. The x360 pad is great. I use one with my PC too. I'd never ever choose to do that with the PS3s hundred year old design.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Think the 360 pad is way better for driving games and FPS's considering the triggers on the PS3 are crap. Anything using a D pad such as Pro Evo for me feels better on the dualshock 3.

Fair play. I don't play games that require the D-Pad so it doesn't affect me.

At the end of the day, anyone who wants to play all the best games, needs both machines (and a PC) if they can afford to. There are awesome games available on all formats.

SQ5
Got a launch PS3 and played it a little, only used it for blurays, now it rarely gets used. Only to watch the odd BluRay. Bought a 360 the November of that year as wanted to play Forza online. Best purchase I ever made gaming wise, got it second hand off eBay, (launch console) it RROD'd about a year later and got a free replacement so not too bad really! Play the xbox at least once a week and most friends have the 360, except one, who then went and bought one too for the online gaming.

As a games console, Xbox 360 wins!

The consoles and controllers are what they are. It's the games that matter. I have the luxury of not really having to worry toooooo much about the pads, as I play shooters on PC. As much as I dislike the PS3 pad, it didn't worry me while playing Drakes Fortune.

White Sti Hatch
ive got both of them and the PS3 is never on ! 360 all the way for me only thing it lacks is a blu ray player

Blu-ray is a big deal for some buyers, though. Like it or not, these machines are about more than just gaming, these days. For some people at least.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
The PS3 is an entire entertainment system.. the 360 plays games.. sometimes.. when its not broken again official figures are around 55% failure rate but I still think that's optimistic.. every xbox I have owned and about 10 people I know that have owned 360's have either had single or multiple failures.

The smart ones bought a PS3 after that. It's just so much more refined.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Never owned a 360 as always gone for Playstation, had the 60GB, 80GB and now the slimline, would never consider a 360, too many faults...............

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
The PS3 is an entire entertainment system.. the 360 plays games.. sometimes.. when its not broken again official figur

so is the 360, it certainly does everything the ps3 does media wise and prettier too when using wmc... I can also stream blurays via the 360 as an extender :)

A SHED!
ps3 all the way, noisy errr no. it has killzone,uncharted, and soon god of war 3 amongst others. A BETTER CONTROLLER.lol.i dont have to pay billgates salary with live.Im an old skool gamer. i dont believe in paying for playing online.However if enough 360 owners keep supporting microsoft then im sure they will dominate,then woooo they charge you whatever they like with no competition.oh and bluray, and better reliabilty, better looking.errrm abit more of grown up machine really.i think thats all.lol

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
I still find it funny that the x box breaks so much,How can a company that big make such a s**t console,seriously.

Titanium 182
360, I bought one a launch and my brother has it now and its still fine, I have an elite myself now which is also fine. Never seen any problems with either.