ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 - Video playback stutter

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Hey.

I have an external USB hard drive connected to my 360. It contains music, video, bla bla etc bla. Sometimes when playing video, it seems to stutter slightly every 6 seconds or so. It does not effect the sound, and the video and sound are always in sync. Does anyone know what might be the cause? I have had a search on ye ole' Google, but it all seems to be relating to streaming from a laptop.

Any help is apreciated.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
confusing, are you streaming from a laptop or is the usb drive connected straight to the 360?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
USB is straight into the xbox. It does not make it unwatchable as its only a slight stutter, but it is quite irritating.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
What format and at what bitrate are you playing? Or does it happen with every file?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
avi files and off the top of my head I don't know the bit rate. I'll check when I get home.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
hmm bitrate shouldnt matter then, unless it was mkv .mt2s files etc you were playing as that wont cause stutter unless the bitrate was above 12Mb/s.. which it wont be.

Cant really think of any reason why this would be happening tbh, does it do the same when you stream from laptop/pc?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A m8 of mine had this situation in reverse. He had a small Media PC that used to be choppy in streaming videos off the hard drives. He'd RAID'd them too, which should have helped but probably ended up being the root of the problem.

He tried transferring the videos onto a USB external drive and he said that they are perfect now. Have you managed to try it with a different make or brand of external drive? Shouldn't make any difference, but you never know in terms of buffers and data-pass through from various manufacturers.

D.