ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36K Service 03 Clio Cup

Does anyone know roughly how much (£) a 36K service should be on an 03 Cup?

Also what work is required at this stage (e.g. any belts need changing etc.)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thats the thing I was trying to establish, different garages telling me different information is never a good thing!

Im glad I know, but that means its more expensive (Bugger!).

Cheers chaps.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Technically the auxiallary belt only needs inspecting but thats Rip-Off Renault for you!

Quote: Originally posted by silvercup182 on 13 December 2004

Its better getting them replaced than paying out for F***ed cams!!
The aux belt doesnt run the cams.

The AUX belt just runs the starrter, aircon, alternator, and the power stearing pump etc.

The spec for changing the AUX belt was apparently changed from 72k to 36k but few places know there is a change.

The aux belt doesnt run the starter????

The problem is if the aux belt snap it can get wrapped behind the crank pulley and cause the cam belt to jump a tooth or two which = ££££££

My 172 has done about 30k now and when it reaches 36k im changing the cmabelt and the aux belt knowing what renaults are like

Quote: Originally posted by neil 172 on 13 December 2004

Sorry ye your right I just listed everything I could of the top of me head.

Why your changing the cam belt at 36k though seems a waste unless your getting it done very cheap.

i run an 02 172 and the timing belt snapped at 85mph about 10000 miles ago resulting in a new engine --also just got my car back today after this auxilliary belt snapped last friday and this also broke an alternator bracket - parts alone were £400

best car i have ever had but they are fragile and i wouldnt like to run one without a warranty

Quote: Originally posted by st33ly on 21 December 2004

I had my aux belt replaced @ 36k and now its making a funny rattling sound!!!
The aux belt tigthener can be noisy at this time of year as its damp etc.

However the aux belt tigther can need replacing.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 13 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by neil 172 on 13 December 2004

Sorry ye your right I just listed everything I could of the top of me head.

Why your changing the cam belt at 36k though seems a waste unless your getting it done very cheap.

My dealer changed cambelt & accessory belt @ 36K on my Mk1 172!! I only paid for the labour for the accessory belt & parts for both.

Be warned - my car was in for nearly days as it was the first cambelt they had changed on a 172, after quoting me 6 hours originally.

I thought 36k was a bit early for a cambelt......Renault idiots!!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

They have you by the balls really as with all newish cars

Just got mine back and they said 36k service will be about 330 BUT prices are going up in jan05 so i will be more probably.

Basically they could charge you 500 quid or whatever they wanted because they know you have to pay to retain your warranty

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Whats happened to the oil???????????? £22!

That seems cheap! my bill has qty 55 ???? (£30 ish)

Weeman sucks ****

Hey, brand spanking now (they were very low) and the exhaust is apparently a warranty job which will be done on the 29th.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 13 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by silvercup182 on 13 December 2004

Its better getting them replaced than paying out for F***ed cams!!
The aux belt doesnt run the cams.

The AUX belt just runs the starrter, aircon, alternator, and the power stearing pump etc.

The spec for changing the AUX belt was apparently changed from 72k to 36k but few places know there is a change.
Eddie I know it does not run the cams its an auxillery belt not a cam belt but as someone has already said it will F**k you cams if it breaks!

Ford Fiesta

so they didnt change your cabin filter Chris?

and whats the "petrol treatment", also I hate it when they charge for window washer fluid when mine is always full anyway.