ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36K Service and Donny Track Testing

182 Trophy (#27/500)
I put up a thread around 2 weeks ago asking people where would be a good place to have my 36k mile service done. I was contacted by Davo172 who told me that Total Control Racing were good to him and that i should give them a call.

After a quick phone call to Lee he reassured me that the car was in good hands with them and that i would be looked after. Got it booked in for the 17th Dec (WED). Popped ova nice and early to find a shop, imaculately clean, already with a space cleared for my car.

Since it is a strict motorsport shop i couldnt hang around for insurance reasons so i tried to busy myself with Wednesbury town centre(boring with nothing to do) so poped back to the shop a little early where i waited in the entrance for them to finish.

Once the car was done i paid (£235 inc VAT)and was invited into the workshop to find 4 clio 197 cup racers, a Gineta G50 and a Seat Leon race car(all amazing). I got to sit in a few and he started them up also. all stuff that went above and beyond when they were already very busy preparing for a testing day today (18th).

I was then invited to join them testing and popped to Donnington to meet them. Here are the pics from the day. The Ferrari is a one off!!! worth £3.5 million!!! The Aston is sooooo noisy!! The TCR cars are the grey 197 and white Gineta G50.

Enjoy!!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

008_BW.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Incase it wasnt obvious - Big thanks to TCR, Davo172 for the heads up and Lee and all the team for being a really great bunch of guys and not minding me getting in on the action!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thats sweet!
My Cousin/Uncles business did all of the pattern work for the Ginetta Cup racers - random fact!

Good pics, can't wait to get on track!

182 Trophy (#27/500)
Yeh i thought i was very reasonable, even more reasonable considering the service i got!!

182 FF
haha is it just me or dose the the guy in the 15th pic down look like he's about to take a slash all over the front of the clio?:cool:

Focus RS mk1
did a bit of work for tcr 2 seasons ago, was fun and a good learning curve. good bunch of lads and funny dnt even sum it up lol. lee and kenny really know there stuff.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
did a bit of work for tcr 2 seasons ago, was fun and a good learning curve. good bunch of lads and funny dnt even sum it up lol. lee and kenny really know there stuff.

i hear there was another guy called lee who worked for them, what an amazing guy!:D

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
keep your eyes peeled on the project thread and when i go on my 1st proper track day you come along with a pair of spare undercrackers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just emailed them to see when they can fit my sick car in, looks like a good set-up.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Just emailed them to see when they can fit my sick car in, looks like a good set-up.

i know i worked for them and im biassed but it is a great set up and the knowledge of the cheif mechanic is something epic

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
whats up with it? theres a chance you may not get a reply until after xmas as i think theyre off until then

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
whats up with it? theres a chance you may not get a reply until after xmas as i think theyre off until then
Started whining from drivers side engine. Check the aux belt idler, seems ok (no play in it). Worst time for it to happen, got loads of work 80 odd miles away in Jan.