ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36K SERVICE QUESTION (NOT YOUR USUAL Q!)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Car is due its 3yr/36k service soon, rung Rentech who advised £375 max for the Aux belt kit and service - maybe as low as £275 depending on whether he uses all the pulleys etc.

I then asked about Cambelt change + service which is £660, which although not due till next year, would involve replacement of the Aux belt anyway.

So, would you guys bite the bullet and get the Cambelt done early so that next yr's will be just a normal service OR just get the Aux belt done this year then wait for the big service next year??

Car is only on 32k ish now, so will only prob be early 40k by next year.

Advise/opinions please!:S

Lionel Richie
you´re money fella, but you will have to pay for the aux change twice, TBH you should only need the aux belt swapping at 36k, change the pulley and tensioner when the cambelt gets done (asweall as the cambelt pullies and tensioner)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Thanks Fred, i'm thinking its a complete waste of ££ to do Aux this yr then Cambelt next year.

In fact i need to check my service book. I think my car has missed a service:
Its a 54 reg, but didnt have its first service until June 06 @ 12k
then i serviced it June 07 at 24K

So if I do my cambelt now, i'm effectively changing it at 36k and only 3yrs 9 mths old..... is this being too precautious?

VaVa
Serive schedule for the Renaultsport Clios is 12k or two years, whichever comes first. So it didn't miss a service.

My November 2003 172 is on 38k and the cambelt will be due in November (5 years) so I'm doing an oil an filter change and getting the lot done later in the year.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Cheers Laingo - that makes sense.

Been ringing around some of the Reanult dealers in Cardiff - what a bunch of buffoons!
Had to argue with every single one that the Aux belt needed doing, one even asked my reg plate, put it into their system then wanted to know if it was petrol or diesel!!!!