ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36k Service

Ive got an 02 Clio Extreme and its due for its 36k service very soon. Went to Renault in Blackpool and they told me that it will be £315 which cant be right. Anyone had this service done can tell me how much it cost them?

Cheers

Adam

Sounds about right for Renault - my 36k service was just under £300, but there was also an additional charge of £390 for new rear wheel bearings and brake shoes as they knackered them when they removed the drums - Ive heard of that happening to a few Clio owners now, so be warned, it could be a lot more than expected.

Shoudl cost about £200 well thats what my local dealership in Wrexham said I think Lewis Read on the Wirral is about the same.

£300 is a rip of especially with the little work they do.

You can do the brakes yourself no probelm and I cannot see what they will have worn out in 36K I drive mine hard and the front were gone after 18k but the rears had only 20% wear.

Craig did you pay £390 for the wheel bearings? I would have complained and not paid for them myself arnt they covered in the warently? Also if they damaged your brakes they should pay for that the part maynot be warenteed but I cannot see why you have to pay for there incompetance.

EDD

Ph1

Mines coming up soon and one of the service blokes said it would be £250 and thats for a 172.........as for fixing the brakes yourself Edd you need to know what your doing......36 thou is the biggy

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

brakes and wheel bearings arent covered after the first year.about £230>£300 is the average price of a major service(36k is a major)

Renault dealers can choose their labour rates, but they cant change the labour charges per job done. There is a large book telling how many hours you have to charge, even if you do it in 10% of the time it states.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

major service approx 2.3hrs labour.the labour rate at my dealer is about £65 per hour so that about £150 labour before youve started on parts/oil.

The bearings are covered for the 3 years factory warranty providing the reason for them failing is not down to you putting bigger wheels on etc, if your car is standard the bearings ARE covered no quibble- as per Renault Liverpool. They wont cover brake pads and possibly drums etc because they are wear and tear items!

As for sevicing mine has been quoted just over £200

Thanks for all the replies. Ill have to decide if I want to hand over that sort of cash though.

Cheers

Adam

Burgandy 174 sport t

so note to self take off the 17s b4 i go for a service!!

Jay as u work for them can you clarify if the wheel bearings are covered??? pretty sure its mines that are goosed!!

Quote: Originally posted by Andyman on 11 February 2004

Mines coming up soon and one of the service blokes said it would be £250 and thats for a 172.........as for fixing the brakes yourself Edd you need to know what your doing......36 thou is the biggy
I dont know what its like on 172 but with Dynamics the brakes are very simple to do even I could do it.

JAY172 even if its 150 labour the parts cannot be over £100 can they so £300 is a bit steep.

Also I got my info on what the service is from the manul and from what I could tell there doesnt seem to be much work.

Volvo S60 T5

Oils like well expensive at reno, plus ya got loads of little extras and vodka an tonic(vat) to add to it all.

Glad I do my own servicing etc....credit cards must be a godsend to pay for garage bills.

Im friends with the service manager at liverpool, he has confirmed the bearings are covered, they seem to be quite modified car friendly, when mine was featured in June for Redline, i used to put it in for warranty stuff and it was far from standard, plus it had 18s on! But they used to polish it and stick it in the showroom for the day while it was in Bonus!