ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing stupid about a cup holder, it should be up there with ‘needs Turini’s’ on a clio

I would if I could make one out of carbon 🤔
Nah the new one is "needs 2118's"

I've suggested printing some stupid shut tbh but its all about 1 thing... money... no wait I mean helping people👀😂

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
What’s stopping me from fitting one of these beneath the stereo unit then modifying the standard Renault panel to fit over the ‘pop out’ to make it look OEM ?
35F0624A-1C68-4867-A20D-BB662583A667.png

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Someone did this on Facebook before but obviously did a terrible job! 😂
they did? Bugger! I can see how wedging this bit of plastic into a dash would look bloody awful. My view was I could encorporate the bit of plastic tha sits beneath the stereo into the ‘flap’ principle being when it was closed you wouldn’t know it was there. It maybe a stupid idea then if someone has already tried. That said some of the stuff the chaps on Facebook do, looks like it was done by child

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I'm in the process of designing one, this is my sketched prototype which I need to test print and finalise the fixing. Idea is for it to mould in with the lines of the handbrake surround. Currently sized for a can, but will look at larger design for a McDonalds or coffee cups, but think the space between seats may restrict this. Will also look at a flexible insert to fit multiple sizes. Will report back once ive done a test which will be a few weeks as im waiting from some new filament

1614913296836.png
1614913316527.png

Clio 200
Nice idea , same as what I’m doing. bought a universal cup holder off eBay a while ago , will lose one dremelling the plastic down to fit in the same place . Gonna attach on the same screw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
A printed 2118 would still be too f**king heavy🤣.
Car companies spend hundreds of thousands developing suspension to keep the tyre in contact with the ground. How silly they must feel when some "tuners" go out and spend a few hundred quid on some boat anchors which do the same thing but better

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not quite the cup holder - but I'd like a slightly different moulding to the ash-tray base. I've got an OBD-2 Bluetooth adapter permanently plugged in there and the ash-tray doesn't fit correctly on top. If I could have the ash-tray base reprinted with about an inch less depth - it would slot in perfectly.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Not quite the cup holder - but I'd like a slightly different moulding to the ash-tray base. I've got an OBD-2 Bluetooth adapter permanently plugged in there and the ash-tray doesn't fit correctly on top. If I could have the ash-tray base reprinted with about an inch less depth - it would slot in perfectly.
I just cut a hole in mine as I never use the tray!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
My latest project was a switch mount for my Kia rear view monitor. I have a camera pointing at the tow hitch, a general rear view and a wireless camera that sits on the back of the trailer and a switch that turns the reverse sensors off, wanted to combine them all in one location, so I found some minature latching switches and designed a housing for them that fixed to the monitor thats fixed above the mirror in the car.

20210322_120851.jpg20210322_120906.jpg20210322_120922.jpgMonSwitchFrameSection.jpg