ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3G iOS4 update, WTF?

Clio
This update is really pis£ing me off, my caplock button on the keyboard now doesn't work since the update.

Even more annoying is the lagggg, it takes 20seconds to view a message, the Internet is mega slow at loading up. The half working keyboard lags like a mofo.

Basically everything is slow since the update.

The most annoying thing that's getting on my t!t's is that the iphone randomly turns itself off and cannot be turned back on! Well it can but not conventionally, you have to connect it to a power supply which might take a few goes to get it started. So the clock and date has to be reset, the dates in my notebook get fvcked.

My brother has the opposite problem, he can't turn his off.

Anyone else having problems?

I bought the phone as pay as you go and it's on a simplicity contract so I assume apple won't sort this out?

Can I go back to the previous version or is ios 4 the only option .

Yes it's been backed up, restored, sync'd.

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i
Re: 3G ios 4 update, WTF?

Apple can sort it out, doesn't matter who you are with.

This seems like my dad, his takes around ten secs to open things, yours sounds worse!

Never above 25mpg

Mine is fine! Will on here's 3G is playing up too with the update..

Trophy Turbo :)

I would contact Apple.

does sound like a issue with the Software.

On another note i have ordered a New i Pone 4 today :) Hope it was a wise move :)

Megane 225 F1

Basically means stop being so tight and buy a new phone. It's 2 years old.

FYI i had a replacement under warrenty 3 months ago ;)

Its apple. They planned this to happen. They wanted it to go wrong so we would buy their new phones. Well guess what. It worked :(

Megane 225 F1

^ Yh im just having grate difficulty doing it. Doesnt like my phone.

Clio

Basically means stop being so tight and buy a new phone. It's 2 years old.

I paid full wack for it, Im not buying a new one!

Its turned off for the third time today, Its taken me 20mins to get the thing to turn on.

I know its two years old but I assume Apple still got to keep it in a usable state when the new updates arrive, right?

Stick 3.1.3 back on would be my best advice.

They should have said iOS4 was for the 3GS/4 only TBH.

172, Tiguan

Its screwed up a load of 3GS's as well tbh, though it's been discussed elsewhere on this forum. :)

Clio
Apple Advice...

Ok following on from this; http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=520037

Again today it happened, but now its actually full on dead so I went to the Genius bar to try and get it sorted, Basically they just tried to restore it on thier Macs.

Message comes up saying "cannot restore..."

So, they said the only thing they can do is let me have a refurb 3G for £130 as my phone is out of warrenty.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a joke? Ive updated the phone to their ios 4.0 and it Fvcked my phone up, and I have to pay for the pleasure of their error.

Surely they can't just release an update, break peoples iphone's and say buy a refurb or get the new iphone 4. Sounds like a con.

Im just disappointed with Apple. I don't know if I should go back and kick up a fuss.

Anyone got any Advice?

Re: Apple Advice...

Your out of warranty item was working, you did something and it broke.

What else do you expect them to do? Not everyones 3G is dead. You got a 3G for a good price.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport

i bet you accepted the terms and conditions of the update without even reading them didnt you :rolleyes:

Clio

Oh the thread is opened up.

Yeah I updated it and it broke, My brother has updated his and his is playing up, at the genius bar there as another customer, same problem.

All ive done is update it as recommended, I can't even go back to 3.1.3. I kinda feel raped tbh.

I haven't bought the refurb yet, £130 for updating my phone thats expensive.

Do you still have your original 3G?

You'll be able to get it back, might take a bit of effort but you'll do it.

Have a look on YouTube for how to put it in DFU mode.

Fiesta ST-2

Joke tbh but as said they don't have to do anything. It's your problem even if they caused it.

Clio

Yes ive been to apple, they only tried to restore it but failed to do so.

she said the only option was to buy a refurb or a new iphone 4, I left with my old one as she said I can come back for the refurb.

DFU doesn't work, the iphone just goes dead and disconnects from itunes.

Megane 225 F1

Yes ive been to apple, they only tried to restore it but failed to do so.

she said the only option was to buy a refurb or a new iphone 4, I left with my old one as she said I can come back for the refurb.

DFU doesn't work, the iphone just goes dead and disconnects from itunes.

Exactly what happened to mine. DFU did not work at all. In the end i plugged it into my mates mac and then it booted up for some reason.

Do you still have your original 3G?

You'll be able to get it back, might take a bit of effort but you'll do it.

Have a look on YouTube for how to put it in DFU mode.

I imagine if Apple can't get it back, he's unlikely to be able to.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

My 3G with iOS4 is working ok in general use... A couple of apps are a bit laggy but on a whole mines ok..... No switching off, No keyboard malfunctions and my texts/emails open just as fast as before.

SLK 350

I wish there was some sort of benchmarking utility you could use on iPhone.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

How do you roll the OS on the iphone?

Mine is painfully slow with OS4.

Clio

Been trying to make some progress on this as the phone is responding a tiny bit here and there.

Managed to get it into DFU mode, downloaded 3.1.3 firmware however when restoring error 1015 pops up so still no real joy.

Anyone know how to fix error 1015, or if Apple will now be able to sort it out now its in DFU mode.

Astra SRI/ Hornet

Mine is fucked too after the update. My 3GS is only 4 months old aswell so it's the update that's fucked it. Worked fine before.

Astra SRI/ Hornet

Mine is fucked too after the update. My 3GS is only 4 months old aswell so it's the update that's fucked it. Worked fine before.

Fabia vrs tdi

Donno weather to ugrade to 4 or stick with my jb 3.1.3 - as far as I can tell being jb is better than the new update

Clio

Mine is f**ked too after the update. My 3GS is only 4 months old aswell so it's the update that's f**ked it. Worked fine before.

Take it to apple, if they can't fix it they will give you a refurb for free as your within your warranty.

Apple do try and make it easy peasy but there's always some people who manage to f**k up lol.

No Apple fvcked up, I only clicked update.

---Chris182cup, don't update not worth the hassle, unless your within your warranty.

Take it to apple, if they can't fix it they will give you a refurb for free as your within your warranty.

No Apple fvcked up, I only clicked update.

---Chris182cup, don't update not worth the hassle, unless your within your warranty.

Always restore, not update.