ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3g on contract to pay as you go sim?

LY 200
I am looking at giving my iPhone to my mother as im soon due an upgrade but is it possible to just wack a sim (o2 same as the contract provider) in these phones and keep them running?

Obviously she wont be able to use it for the net but she would only really be wanting it for text, calls and music anyway!?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Jay

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
If she's not going to use the net theres no point having an iPhone imo.

It would work though yes but you need to make sure absolutely everything internet related is turned off otherwise it'll be using her credit all the time.

LY 200
She just wants a more modern/modern looking phone for 'nothing' mate!

The fact she can use it as a music player/phone is worth more to her than the internet on the phone imo! She would never use the internet on it anyway!

How would you go about turning evertyhing interenet related off? Do you mean just make sure she never clicks the net button?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
No, things like automatically checking emails, push notifications, location services, the weather service, everything like that, remove the internet settings should solve all that, the iphone uses the internet all by itself sometimes in the background to do various things, obviously she could never click on the app store, itunes, anything like that.

It would probably be better for her though to sell the iphone and get something else thats modern yet does what she needs. A touchscreen is not an ideal texting tool by any means especially the small qwerty keypad of an iphone.

Just as a question, how much per month does she top up, any idea?