ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sash’s new Learner car.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
After quite a lot of thought I’ve decided to switch to teaching Automatic this year after 5 years of teaching manual. That coupled with the need to drop down to 1 car due to parking arrangements changing I figured I’d try and find a car I could work in and have a bit of fun with too.

When I bought my current DS3 I spec’d it as high as I possibly could (DSport+ with full leather, sat nav, hi-fi upgrade, 120bhp engine etc) because I spend such a lot of time in it, and I’m glad I did.

When I thought about going Automatic, I considered my options - Audi A1, another DS3, Mini or Mercedes A class but I always came back to the Clio as that seemed to tick all the right boxes.
I was chatting to @Ricardos about my ideas of combining both work and play together and it all seemed good in theory, however finding a decent mileage, LY 200 EDC at a reasonable price was going to be tricky. I was planning on buying one from an auction but the only one that was available was in Scotland and even then there was no date as to when it would be going through the sales and even then there was nothing to say I was going to be able to get one within budget.

Roll on a few weeks and a phone call asking if I’d like to buy his LY 200 was made, I think I pretty much said yes without too much hesitation. I knew the car had been well looked after, had got the modifications I would do as and when funds allowed and I knew what it handled like on track as I’d been round Snetterton a few weeks earlier in it!

Monday I travelled down to Rich and picked up my very own slice of LY :hearteyes:

I love it!

The dual controls are being fitted next week and I’ve got work booked in from the 1st May :smile:

The DS3 will be up for sale as soon as I’ve extinguished all my current manual pupils.

FF07962B-B084-4A37-B2DE-01786A7EDEB6.jpeg
CB3F3C7D-89FA-4F8E-92DC-CD30037024C7.jpeg
1B60A663-9DD7-486E-A483-8284566196CE.jpeg

DE591115-DB05-452D-8A28-082ED173982C.jpeg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
That is certainly an interesting car to teach people who can’t drive manuals in, lovely motor.

Is there much of a requirement for auto only tests, serious question though as I wouldnt say its that hard to drive a manual in honesty.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Awesome car this is. Did I read right, your going to teach people to drive in this??
Why didn’t we have anything like this back when I was learning? I learnt to drive in a 1.25 fiesta.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
That is certainly an interesting car to teach people who can’t drive manuals in, lovely motor.

Is there much of a requirement for auto only tests, serious question as I wouldnt say its thats hard to drive a manual in honesty.
You’d be surprised how much demand for automatic there is. I will be the only female auto instructor on my area too...

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Awesome car this is. Did I read right, your going to teach people to drive in this??
Why didn’t we have anything like this back when I was learning? I learnt to drive in a 1.25 fiesta.
Yes that’s right I am going to teach people to drive in it!
There are a few of us who have out of the ordinary cars, but mostly ADI’s go for crappy fiestas and corsas :nomouth:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Brilliant. It will certainly turn heads!

I saw a mountune Fiesta ST driving school car the other day. I learned in a bloody 1.0 Corsa C!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Simply mega this, learing to drive in a Rs 200, flol! So cool
Funny thing is my daughter didn't drive it when I owned it, but can on a motorway lesson. She loves the Clio and was genuinely upset when I sold it, but happy Sash bought it as she's her driving instructor so knows its gone to a good home

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Out of curiosity how much would you part with the DS3 for as my mrs is pestering me to find her a decent one[emoji23]

Been scouring everywhere but every one I’ve seen have been smashed into, she didn’t like the colour or the owner just didn’t care about the car so I just walked away‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Wow awesome article to learn in. I hope the wheels survive
Sure they’ll be fine :smile:

Mirror , signal , launch control .....
Haha, I was saying that yesterday lol

Brilliant. It will certainly turn heads!

I saw a mountune Fiesta ST driving school car the other day. I learned in a bloody 1.0 Corsa C!
You’d be surprised the number of fairly lively learner cars there are, a few Mercedes A200 AMG’s, Fiesta ST’s even Focus ST’s.

Insurance must be mega?
Let’s not go there 😂
All mods declared though!

Funny thing is my daughter didn't drive it when I owned it, but can on a motorway lesson. She loves the Clio and was genuinely upset when I sold it, but happy Sash bought it as she's her driving instructor so knows its gone to a good home
Don’t worry I’ll go see her with it and let her take it for a spin :blush:

Out of curiosity how much would you part with the DS3 for as my mrs is pestering me to find her a decent one[emoji23]

Been scouring everywhere but every one I’ve seen have been smashed into, she didn’t like the colour or the owner just didn’t care about the car so I just walked away‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM me if you like.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
First lessons went great!

Some really funny looks mainly from guys in vans, especially when I got my learners to put their foot down a bit!

Of course it was only fair I let @Ricardos daughter have the first go...! Think it was fair to say she enjoyed herself.
2E12AAA4-D1D0-4EDE-A786-CE20967CC141.jpeg

Just waiting to put the protective roof vinyl on and then I’ll put the roof box on, so for now just running standard L plates.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Gonna be a shame when they prang it into the kerb. I don’t think I’d be able to let a none driver drive my pride and joy all day!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Gonna be a shame when they prang it into the kerb. I don’t think I’d be able to let a none driver drive my pride and joy all day!
That’s part of my job... lol *touchwood* hasn’t happened yet... although the wheels do need a refurb but I bought them like that.

@Iain C when are you gonna get one ☺?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Little update on this.
Ticked over 39,000 today so that’s 14,500miles since taking ownership back in April.

I’ve got used to the second glances from random people as we drive past but today was another level.
Had been practicing some bay parking in Asda carpark as it’s dead quiet on a Sunday afternoon. On our way out I noticed a couple of lads stood by the rear of their car one was holding his phone to his chest with the flashlight on... clearly videoing as we passed them! ?

How do you explain to a Sri Lankan student what has just happened?? With great difficulty as it goes.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
This year I am taking part in the Big Learner Relay in aid of Children in Need.
Keep your eyes open for a convoy of spotty learner cars not just in Essex but all over the country as the relay travels the length and breadth of the UK raising money as it goes.
On the 9th November I will be doing the relay legs from Braintree across to Harlow, down to Chelmsford, along to Battlesbridge then finishing at Lakeside.

To sponsor a spot and donate to a worthy cause please text ‘Beep85’ & your donation amount to 70070 eg. Beep85 10 to donate £10.
Once you’ve donated if I see you in person your can personalise a spot on the car, if not send me a message with your spot message and I’ll write it on.

See www.biglearnerrelay.co.uk/donate for full terms and conditions, network charges may apply.

5D5D7356-B991-4AA9-B26F-223488F4D902.jpeg

2DAC7D25-6402-45D8-BCB8-7EE84184AF00.jpeg

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Hell of a car to learn in haha, I thought I was lucky 9-10 years ago when I was learning to drive in the instructor's Fabia Vrs

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Fair play! We use 1.2 16v Dynamiques, about to move over to 0.9 TCE's since the 1.2 has now been discontinued.

be interesting to see how the clutch packs gets on as the miles gets up, we change the cars at about 140k/3yrs usually just as they are starting to need a clutch

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
This year I am taking part in the Big Learner Relay in aid of Children in Need.
Keep your eyes open for a convoy of spotty learner cars not just in Essex but all over the country as the relay travels the length and breadth of the UK raising money as it goes.
On the 9th November I will be doing the relay legs from Braintree across to Harlow, down to Chelmsford, along to Battlesbridge then finishing at Lakeside.

To sponsor a spot and donate to a worthy cause please text ‘Beep85’ & your donation amount to 70070 eg. Beep85 10 to donate £10.
Once you’ve donated if I see you in person your can personalise a spot on the car, if not send me a message with your spot message and I’ll write it on.

See www.biglearnerrelay.co.uk/donate for full terms and conditions, network charges may apply.

View attachment 1389666

View attachment 1389665

Bet the insurance for learners driving this is epic!! ?