ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3GS work excuses

E87 118d M Sport
I am guna be phoning 02 on friday morning for the iphone 3GS :D.

I start work at 7:45 (after a half hour drive) and 02 doesnt open until 8:00. So I predict I wont be at work until atleast 9, prob later.

I therefore have to either:

A - take half a days holiday
B - take a full days holiday (as it sux going to work on a friday afternoon)
C - phone in sick (full day)
D - think of a brilliant excuse to go in 1.5+ hours late
E - or I could always phone 02 from work (= no time off work tho)

Maybe a poll could be set up? post your excuses in here and ill have a roffle.

Impreza WRX
Phone in and tell them that you are sick.

When they ask 'Well how sick are you', simply answer............

'Well, Ive just had se>< with my sister.............'

Me - Can I have friday morning off so I can go and pick up my new iPhone? I'll make the time up (I won't)
Boss - Yeh, of course. I must be paying you too much! I'm not sure if I'm going to upgrade.

Add 10min convo about iPhones/3.0 etc etc. Win.

Boss fanboys FTW!

BMW F31
Me - Can I have friday morning off so I can go and pick up my new iPhone? I'll make the time up (I won't)
Boss - Yeh, of course. I must be paying you too much! I'm not sure if I'm going to upgrade.

Add 10min convo about iPhones/3.0 etc etc. Win.

Boss fanboys FTW!

thats exactly how the convo would go with my boss tbqfh!!

man up and just ask him for a couple of hours in the morning and say you'll make it up! :cool:

stevejobs.jpg

E87 118d M Sport
man up and just ask him for a couple of hours in the morning and say you'll make it up! :cool:

lol, does not asking him mean im less of a man. think this is the best plan tbh. (altho no day off =( )

ROFFLE at your post revels. (steve jobs bum buddy, you not got one yet?)

Lee

BMW M2C
Apple stores open late. If you can cope with waiting a few hours why not go after work?

Just read the OP again. You're only phoning o2? Why does that require time off work?

Megane 225 F1
Not working untill half 5 ftw!!! And taking my 3g back under the 28 day return policy and getting a brand spanking new 3gs :D

Lee

BMW M2C
it doesnt require time off work, its just an option. was looking for more extravagant excuses tbh lol.

A safe bet is telling them you've got the squits, they won't ask any further questions. lol

I have to call HR and tell them what's wrong if I'm ill, that shuts them up every time. lol

Megane 225 F1
Extravagant you say? Hmm how does my cat has eaten my iphone and i have to get a new one before i come into work because the only way i can get to work is by using the map built into the iphone ;) LOL

Barge
Extravagant you say? Hmm how does my cat has eaten my iphone and i have to get a new one before i come into work because the only way i can get to work is by using the map built into the iphone ;) LOL

"My cat has eaten my iPhone and I have to go into O2 for them to perform open cat surgery to rescue it."

E87 118d M Sport
"im having problems breathing today boss, sorry, but i think im guna phone an 02 number to see what they advise, but they dont open til 8. if i phone when im finished, ill let you know when ill be in?"

E87 118d M Sport
thats 1, am currently under a simplicity tariff, and can upgrade at any point but need to give 30 days notice to leave, have been an 02 customer previously for 5 years. just little things reali. id rather stick with them and just make a phone call. =D