ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Place near Notts I can pay by the hour to work on my car?

Clio 172 Ph1
I really hope this isn't in the wrong section.

I've moved to Nottingham and am in the city centre, fortunately I have huge parking space in an underground car park underneath my building - I thought I'd be able to work on my car there from the pictures, but now that I've seen it it's on a slant, so no chance without risk of injuring or killing myself lol.

Does anyone know of a sort of community garage or something (Ideally with a lift) where I could pay by the hour or in beers to work on my car?

I made a bunch of friends in my Volvo 940 days who would let me take my car to their barn and use the lift/some tools to wrench on it in exchange for beers and/or cash. Something similar would be ideal but I don't know where to start looking apart from on here.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Used to be a few of those kinda places around, don't think they ever took off tho.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Try a Facebook search for a restoration club. There’s one pretty much over my back fence in an old railway building with loads of ramps and they let you rent space (generally by the day or week) provided you meet the criteria of not being a knob and leaving it reasonably tidy.

It’s 200 miles from Nottingham but you might be able to find similar down your way

Podlet

ClioSport Club Member
  2001 Clio 172 Phase1
Unfortunately I’m not familiar with Nottingham however if you are prepared to travel to Melbourne 5 miles South West of East Midlands airport I know that my local garage rents a four post ramp out per hour. CS Vehicle Services is the garage situated in the Melbourne Industrial Estate 01332 865311 and ask for Carl or Natalie. Carl is very knowledgeable has a good diagnostic set up. Trust this helps.

Clio 172 Ph1
Unfortunately I’m not familiar with Nottingham however if you are prepared to travel to Melbourne 5 miles South West of East Midlands airport I know that my local garage rents a four post ramp out per hour. CS Vehicle Services is the garage situated in the Melbourne Industrial Estate 01332 865311 and ask for Carl or Natalie. Carl is very knowledgeable has a good diagnostic set up. Trust this helps.
This is perfect!! Just a 30 min drive from me. Thank you so much - I'll give them a ring in a few days.