ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3M Carbon vinyl on Recaro Trendlines

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Ive been a busy boy today ;) Being the first time ive ever tried to carbon wrap, it took longer than i thought and it was a pain in the a$$ at times but i persisted and here are the results.. The 3M vinyl is amazing stuff its so easy to use and forgiving if you crease it just heat it up with a hairdryer and start again.. I highly recommend the stuff!

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Its not perfect but since it was the first time ive ever wrapped, im quite impressed with the results :cool: Also had a go at the dash inserts too :cool:

IMG_0508.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
3m stuff is just the nuts. I tried using the cheaper wrap and its terrible. It fades and peels this is indestructible. Also the hex vinyl is good

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Was think of doin this my self . Did you take the seats out ?

No mate i left the seats in just folded them down, it wasn’t that difficult manoeuvring around them whilst fitted.. I ordered 2 rolls of 60cm x 120cm 3M done the job with some left over for the dash strips ect In all it took me about 2 1/2 hours each seat! :S

Ph 1 172
Where did you get the vinyl from? And how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking, Looking to do my bullets and badges, amount a couple of interior parts that I have an idea for

Clio 1.2 16v
Where did you get the vinyl from? And how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking, Looking to do my bullets and badges, amount a couple of interior parts that I have an idea for

You can get this from eBay , try using the hexis that's good stuff I I'd my badges and hazard panel

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry but I need to post again, great bloody work. I want a go now! (But I'm scared I'll f**k it up)

its quite forgiving stuff rob. i carbon wrapped all my bits inside and out on my car before i got the real stuff and it peels off with no probs and doesn't leave any residue.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I know it'd come off, but then I'd waste all that £££

Fancy helping me wrap my pretty new seats? ;)

just seen you new seat update. great mod imo. looks and feels so much better than standard. i'll give you a hand mate. think im going to do this to mine as it will hide some of the scratches, plus it looks great. might have to trial test it on mine firstly.....just in case

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
yes mate, travelled to newcastle to get them though. but i got them silly cheap so it was worth it. the bloke didnt declare the few scuff on the backs so i got more money off, hence the want to carbon wrap.

mike_rs, did you just stanley blade around the edges to get a smooth finish? i normally wrap around the inside of my wrapped parts to neaten it up but i dont want to take off the backs on these to do so.

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I just used a stanley knife around the edges, its alot of guess work tho because you dont really know where the edge of the plastic is.. Just remember is better to trim too liittle than take too much off and expose the plastic.. I had a few close calls :eek: i found peelin the carbon back and trimming it mm by mm until it could be pushed under the leather the best technique. In hindsight a extra paiir of hands would make some of the more complicated parts easier.

Also watch you dont nick your leather, you'll also have some sore fingers :( because the recaro has a fair few curves the vinyl has to be heated constantly so you can shape it into all the sexy lines ;), it sometimes means pushing on hot vinyl and having a hair dryer cook your hand haha

Nimbus Megane R26
Looks fantastic!!

Mike_RS you fancy making some doller? Id love that doing to my treadlines and im only down the road in warrington... ;)