ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 Choices. Which one would you choose?

BTB'd PH1 172
id not buy any of those and either renew parts on the car already to get it tip top or save the money for decent tyres/service when it needs it. ill await a what cheap buget tyres should i get thread in a few months ; ).

Car is all serviced and up to date so know need to worry about that for 6 months or so. Would never buy cheap budget tyres either. Trust me I've given this a lot of thought. I've only ever upgraded my car when all other servicing/tax/insurance is sorted first :). Thanks for the advice though! Nice to see you're thinking outside the box

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Car is all serviced and up to date so know need to worry about that for 6 months or so. Would never buy cheap budget tyres either. Trust me I've given this a lot of thought. I've only ever upgraded my car when all other servicing/tax/insurance is sorted first :). Thanks for the advice though! Nice to see you're thinking outside the box

good lad. id go decat then as i wouldnt want to upset the already good handling and dont underestimate an airbag incase ya face ever hits it ; ).

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Decat is the worst on that list imo, makes the car unbearable day to day.

Regarding the airbag thing, people lived for years without them, if your that bothered get seats and harnesses, but then you should technically have a cage and on it goes lol. A smaller wheel makes such a vast improvement, only thing i dont like about mine is that i'm scared to touch it because i dont want to ruin it lol.

An ARB is the best on that list.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
What about improving the already good handling though....

I have never tried upgraded springs. I'd say there for looks not actual performance although I've heard good things about prolines.

Yeah I've actually had the misfortune of testing an airbag out so wouldn't go without now.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Decat is the worst on that list imo, makes the car unbearable day to day.

Regarding the airbag thing, people lived for years without them, if your that bothered get seats and harnesses, but then you should technically have a cage and on it goes lol. A smaller wheel makes such a vast improvement, only thing i dont like about mine is that i'm scared to touch it because i dont want to ruin it lol.

An ARB is the best on that list.

i had a Decat and made no difference to noise on a standard system.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I have never tried upgraded springs. I'd say there for looks not actual performance although I've heard good things about prolines.

Yeah I've actually had the misfortune of testing an airbag out so wouldn't go without now.

Sportlines improve the handling noticeably. I'm sure Pro's also do but I haven't used them. Maybe you should give them a try sometime;).

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've changed my mind.... Lol
If the car will handle ok on standard springs with an ARB, then I'd go with that.

BTB'd PH1 172
I've decided to go for the ARB. From searching on here, it's been getting some really good reviews. So it'll be very interesting when I get one fitted just how much difference they make.

Thanks everyone for all your input :)

260% JCW
No ones mentioned a 2nd hand Rstuner and map, similar price as the springs. Or some powerflex bushes.

I know they're not on the list.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well if you're not bothered about looks,
go for ARB mate.

the standard set up is well designed imo, aftermarket springs may improve it slightly, but a rear ARB is bound to improve it more!