ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 pots on my 182

Clio 172 RS2
APRacing1824PotKitSmall.gif

BrakeDucts7Small.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just did a track day with a 172; compbrake 4 pots. I can 1,000% recomend them. Deffinately deffinately rate them highly.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Daniel, you got any pics of your setup? I don't plan on buying any, but I do enjoy some brake p**n these days :eek:

LOL! Not at the minute dude. I'll get some once its been washed. Everythings black atm!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They don't look the same....

The one I have, the discs are fitted back to front for more bite, the calipers look grey where as yours are black?? and my discs have around 80% more grooves.....

(I got the car like it, can't comment on the exact spec tbh...)

lift number 1 @ btm
the kit came from ben p, but that is all i know about it apart from the discs and bells have been frozen in liquid nitrogeon.

lift number 1 @ btm
drhowser, i got my B4's from a group buy organised my ben p.

they are will be the same i'd imagine, i had them treated at a place called frozen solid.

i've not actually tried them yet.. but i'll trust daniels opinion :approve:

172 cup
23052009551.jpg

hi spec 300mm 4 pots i love them tbh but i could imagine there pritty much the same as most four pot kits i have the complete soild disc not the one with the rotors ;) due to the solid one piece discs are 24mm thick so they can take more heat ;) and last longer where as the rotors are only 22mm thick

Matty

clio 200 F4Rt
Shed motorsport were ripping folk off!

It amazes me the amount of complete bullsh1t that comes out of your mouth.

We were not ripping anyone off.

We paid nearly £2000 just to have this kit developed. We were promised exclusive selling rights to the kit.

Compbrake then went back on thier word and starting selling the kits themselves... at the same price they were selling to us at.

So the price we were selling at was cost, plus some profit, to try get back what we invested. You are aware this is how business' work.. yes??

So get your facts straight before you open your eyeliner wearing face.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It amazes me the amount of complete bullsh1t that comes out of your mouth.

We were not ripping anyone off.

We paid nearly £2000 just to have this kit developed. We were promised exclusive selling rights to the kit.

Compbrake then went back on thier word and starting selling the kits themselves... at the same price they were selling to us at.

So the price we were selling at was cost, plus some profit, to try get back what we invested. You are aware this is how business' work.. yes??

So get your facts straight before you open your eyeliner wearing face.

PMSL!!!!!!! Step out the playgroud!

How does business work, well i could do with a lesson from shed motorsport clearly! Exclusive selling rights...Mate you were pee'd on badly there!

172 cup
Don't know woo told you that mate. The rotars are miles better, and massively lighter aswell!!

hi spec told me that and they arent that much lighter and with the rotars they dont displace the heat as good as the solid 1piece discs becuase the 1pieces discs are thicker and there is more material for the heat to displace ;)

Matty

172 cup & 182
I made up my brake ducts using two Muller rice pots (raspberry) and some flexible trunking, they fit the fog light holes just nice. I am using EBC yellowstuff pads and the disks are lasting OK. Two piece disks are much lighter and less prone to warping.

Last edited:
  clio 200 F4Rt
PMSL!!!!!!! Step out the playgroud!

How does business work, well i could do with a lesson from shed motorsport clearly! Exclusive selling rights...Mate you were pee'd on badly there!

Yes we were. and we could of probably taken it futher with court action etc. But we decided not to.

Not that it matters anymore. Selling performance parts to clio owners is too much like hard work.

Just dont say we were ripping people off when we werent.

hi spec told me that and they arent that much lighter and with the rotars they dont displace the heat as good as the solid 1piece discs becuase the 1pieces discs are thicker and there is more material for the heat to displace ;)

Matty

God knows which fool you spoke to then. There is a big difference between the weight! And i dont believe the solid discs will displace heat any better or worse than the bell and rotar type.

"Navy" N17 TWO
DS2500 pads, Brembo HC discs, goodridge hoses are imo good enough set-up for road use.

I just wanted a set of 4 pots ;)

Got that ;)

Just need to get some Super Response dot 4 and I'll be fitting my Goodridge's & K-Tec rear brakes then.
Need a front brake pipe replaced anyway so I'll kill all in 1 go :)

I run a 172 cup racer and think the brakes are fantastic; spoke to someone who races one in the LMA Euro Saloons who says that it needs better brakes as this is it's weak point. Pay your money and take your choice.

182cup & 172 racecar
I said this before in other threads,our cup racers in Hungary just ran with ds2500 and they coped very well in a 40 min race,thats why I say 4 pots are OTT for a clio

M

mini-valver

I'm running Brembo's from a 406 with Brembo HC discs on my 1.6. Need better pads but the pedal feel is fantastic and they haven't faded once in 2000 HARD road miles. Old setup (Same as Williams brakes) were dog s**t.

If I was running a 172, I'd probably keep the standard calipers as there is NOTHING up with them for braking ability when using decent pads and discs. The only downside you could argue is pedal feel but can you honestly justify spending £600+ to have a nicer feeling brake pedal??

M

mini-valver

I'd rather spend £600 on 2 sets of pads and a couple of track days! Or in a brothel.