ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 pots on my 182

P

Philpott

looking to put some 4 pots on my 182?
anyone recommends any?
cheers

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I have the compbrake B4 kit on my 172, great power once up to temp.

attachment.jpg

:approve:

P

Philpott

how much and are they a direct swap for standard ones ( are they max discs too?)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not really necessary. IIRC, cars running in the 24hr races just uprate pads/discs/fluid.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ WOuldn't think so Warren! Thats a long way!!! Cup racers right a stock set up with uprated pads, cooling and fluid.

AP would be my choice. I have mixed views over the Compbrakes. Didn't help that i had race pads in mine on the road.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
how much and are they a direct swap for standard ones ( are they max discs too?)

They cost me £650 through a group buy, normal retail is iirc £800. This includes cailpers, bells, discs, pads and now goodridge braided lines.

If your feeling really flush then AP make a 4 pot kit for 172/82's iirc they cost 1.5k.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Not really necessary. IIRC, cars running in the 24hr races just uprate pads/discs/fluid.

The standard set-up is pretty good imo [DS2500 pads, Brembo HC discs] i just wanted a set of 4pots tbh.

^ WOuldn't think so Warren! Thats a long way!!! Cup racers right a stock set up with uprated pads, cooling and fluid.

AP would be my choice. I have mixed views over the Compbrakes. Didn't help that i had race pads in mine on the road.

The fast road pads i run are on mine are great.

172 cup
spend £200on the original set up, brembo h/c's ferrodo ds2500, braided lines, and ate racing blue fluid job done . . .

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Twas Icarus's team IIRC.
Can't find the thread, but his comments
Even if you're doing track days, on slicks, can drive and have a sequential box is questionable if its worth it. Clio Cup racers could still lock the wheels up from a decent speed on hot slicks!

The cars only weigh 1100kg, just OTT imo. Bear in mind the standard set-up outbrakes a 993 and f360.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
For a while maybe. I can't see them lasting an enduro event!!

Fletcher, i still didnt rate them on hindsight. Then again, i paid even less than you and that wasn't a part of a group buy. Shed motorsport were ripping folk off! Once hot they were 'ok' very little feelin in them tbh!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Fletcher, i still didnt rate them on hindsight. Then again, i paid even less than you and that wasn't a part of a group buy. Shed motorsport were ripping folk off! Once hot they were 'ok' very little feelin in them tbh!

Yes mate, like i said i'm more then happy with mine... I'd like to try a set of AP's out to compare though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Not 1*2, but the 197 did 24hrs at silverstone, quickest in class, discs didn't need changing once.
Regardless, it's not relevant on a road car. Can't see any advantage to them.

P

Philpott

ok have brembo h/c's ferrodo ds2500, braided lines just need to change fluid now (what fluid) so should i just forget about the 4 pots? opinions please?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not 1*2, but the 197 did 24hrs at silverstone, quickest in class, discs didn't need changing once.
Regardless, it's not relevant on a road car. Can't see any advantage to them.

Cosmetically there 100x nicer, thats one of the biggest pull factors to having them. I know it was for me! The brakes on the Z4 look pathetic. Apparently the 6 pot brembo's are no better, but i'd still buy them...Logic? Nope. Look better. YEP! lol

182 Cup
ok have brembo h/c's ferrodo ds2500, braided lines just need to change fluid now (what fluid) so should i just forget about the 4 pots? opinions please?

I've got the same set-up. I think 5.1 is what most use.

Same here. I see no need for four pots - brakes were strong all day at Brands last week and that was running no cooling and nasty 182 cup wheels which aren't good for getting air to the brakes.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Only time I've had fade was jumping in straight after Fred had been driving. Which is self explanatory.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
im running AP racing fluid, brembo max disks with uprated mintex pads and braided lines.

They are awesome. Can't really see the point on 4 pots on a road car. However if i had the money id probably invest for the crack of it.

The only logical reason I could think of for fitting big ass calipers on a 182, is if they were going to be better at dissipating heat and reducing the chances of boiling the fluid in them. Would this be the case?

I know my CL pads already pop my eyes out and will activate the ABS on hot dry tyres with not too much effort.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The only logical reason I could think of for fitting big ass calipers on a 182, is if they were going to be better at dissipating heat and reducing the chances of boiling the fluid in them. Would this be the case?

I know my CL pads already pop my eyes out and will activate the ABS on hot dry tyres with not too much effort.
If CL didn't wreck wheels id have a set of these in a shot.

Grays track car used to have them on and it give me a headache when he broke it was that agressive.

3 sets of disks to one set of pads too IIRC. Hardcore:cool:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think 4pots are of limited benefit due to wheels size. Pretty big pad area on the standard set-up, can't go much bigger otherwise the discs won't fit under the wheels! IIRC 4pots won't go under 15's, so a non-starter for me.

If CL didn't wreck wheels id have a set of these in a shot.

Grays track car used to have them on and it give me a headache when he broke it was that agressive.

3 sets of disks to one set of pads too IIRC. Hardcore:cool:

For sure. I can't believe how good they are. They grip the disc so hard it feels like the splitter is going to plough into the track. The hotter they get, the better they get. As the brake wh0res may already have read a hundred times, I boiled Castrol SRF in a bid to make them fade, and they never did. Immense pads. F'cuk the wheels.

Tis true! We did lots of testing and eventualy ran the 08 Britcar 24hr on Standard X85 Brembo calipers, Brembo discs and PF05 pads. We did two sets of pads in total and placed 1st in Class and 16th overall out of 52 starters.

Realisticaly the standard brakes are fine with some aggressive pads. The best reason for moving to 4 pots is that you can get similar braking performance without the need to run such a harsh pad due to a larger pad area.

Any one who is desperate for four pots give it a few weeks as we'll have a kit to fit X85 Brembo Cast Monoblocs to the 172/182 on standard discs. More on this when its released.

Cheers
M

Gal

A Clee O
Tis true! We did lots of testing and eventualy ran the 08 Britcar 24hr on Standard X85 Brembo calipers, Brembo discs and PF05 pads. We did two sets of pads in total and placed 1st in Class and 16th overall out of 52 starters.

Realisticaly the standard brakes are fine with some aggressive pads. The best reason for moving to 4 pots is that you can get similar braking performance without the need to run such a harsh pad due to a larger pad area.

Any one who is desperate for four pots give it a few weeks as we'll have a kit to fit X85 Brembo Cast Monoblocs to the 172/182 on standard discs. More on this when its released.

Cheers
M

Sounds interesting. I would be interested in something like this if and when its available. Not desperate just interested ;)

182cup & 172 racecar
I drove somebody's trophy around Brands Hatch which had 4 pot's on.Yes very good but not req on a clio,overkill IMO.
He doesn't run with them on any more.