ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 X Clio’s required for Brands Track Day

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Hi guys, 1st July @ Brands Hatch motor racing circuit, there is a track day which i am attending.

To make it more economical for not just me if there is anyone who fancies thrashing their clio round the circuit for over an hour split into 20min sessions, you can choose morning or afternoon its up to you. The cost is only 100quid (need 4 more people for this price) for a highly rated circuit where the nible clio feels well at home.

Im choosing a morning session so if anyone is up for it, let me know!

Pics of my last thrash round brands can seen http://www.picman.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.pl?20040421HerBra&ALL_CARS&A4R0&1here, its a very enjoyable day, last time there was a cup and V6 there also but more clios would be good!

Payment would go straight to the Trackday company http://www.heritagetrackdays.comU color=#800080www.heritagetrackdays.com/U so no profit whatsoever for me, just a cheaper price for all.

Cheers

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I think its 4 X 20min sessions which is enough to be honest as the brakes are pretty well worn in by then, and its spread over the morning or afternoon so its not like you drive for an hour flat out then go home.

Who did you go with for 98quid ben?....I think youll find it hard to get a track day there for less than 200 for the whole day for Brands Indy Circuit.....also you dont get all the boy racers in their sh*tters cutting you up.

[Edited by aaronc on 18 June 2004 at 8:22pm]

It was with the MGOT and SELOC.....bookatrack i think.

2 sessions an hour for full day wi hour brake for lunch.......running std pads and discs, no problems with the setup....only 4 braking points on the circut anyway and only 2 of those are hard braking.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Winter or Summer? Cos that also makes a difference on price.

Just had a look at Bookatrack, thier cheapest is £215, and they dont have that avaiable till end of August. http://www.bookatrack.co.uk/-pEclick here for Bookatrack events

Yes agreed braking was less apparent the more i got used to the circuit.

[Edited by aaronc on 18 June 2004 at 8:43pm]

Tut Tut, no 3 wheeled pics! lol

Yes it was winter, but all the track days i attend max out at about 120 for the day.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Yep its a Thursday.

Ben, trust me there was lots of 3 wheeled action going on apparently round druids the rear was raising about a foot off the tarmac!

one of my mates has organised a track day for 1st july too in the north east. Its on the Croft circuit near darlington and costs £130 for the full day (9.30 - 3.30pm).

Its not exclusive to just clios, so anyones welcome to come along.

172 Exclusive

I should be going on one on the 2nd of july at donnington

With that you get 5 X 1/2hour sessions even though it costs £275 its with the best trackday company in the country goldtrack

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 19 June 2004

Yep its a Thursday.

Ben, trust me there was lots of 3 wheeled action going on apparently round druids the rear was raising about a foot off the tarmac!
Youve got to agree druids is the worst corner on that track, its horrible!

It was extreemly slippy when i was there so druids was a slow corner with the tree sap on it an wet to boot...horrible.

But it got a couple pics of paddoc at about 95mph and about 10" off the ground, surtees and the wheel was up for so long it stopped spinning lol.

Actually, i took out a jurno (i didnt know at the time) and he put me into one of his articles for the MGOT mag.....quite fun, i like brands.

But 100 quid for an hour.....