ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

400.2 miles from tank on 172 mk2

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
surely thats a record.

Managed it yesterday when going from perth - elgin - fraserbro - glasgow The light is one, but the computer reads 42.4mpg!!

Busted my old record of 377.4!!

Anyone better that?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
yup. Im going to take some pictures later to prove its not bullshit, i was amazed myself!!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
I've been getting well below 45 recently. Way over accelerating. Good going mate!

182 Full Fat
Thats good, my best is just over 300, but I do have open induction kit which encourages the car to drink more fuel

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I managed 392 miles a while back and that was just from regular driving day to day and i think i was probably down to the last litre of fuel when i filled it back up!

1.6 16v
i get 300 in my 1.6 was doing 26 miles to the galon for about a week, gone back up now! any answers y?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i did 411 then ran ot of fuel getting to the petrol station with 5 miles left still on the read out!!!!!! didn't take it above 2800 revs for the entire tank - drive back from the dealers when i bought it.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Ross M said:
what were u doin ? 25 u slow coach :p

not at all, there was plenty of 5k kick action. Long sections were speed trapped up so it was cruise control and snooze button required :sleepy:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
even when i go calmly i never get more than bout 300 miles to a tank.... maybe i need to run it right into the red!

'52 clio 1.2 16V
i havent got the mpg computer on mine so i've been trying to work it out manually.usually manage 250-350 though before i have to fill up. only thing is i havent yet managed to risk running out completely so always have some left in the tank. managed to fill to the brim with 43l' today (most ever).

anyone have a rough estimate of how many miles a mk2 1.2 16v's got left once the red lights come on?

190 BHP Willy 2
I got over 400 miles on my willy 2, 45 miles of them were hard mapping miles as well. Amazing fror a modded engine running 190bhp proven.

190 BHP Willy 2
There you go 417 miles

petrol.jpg

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Just done Scottish Border back to Notts and a week of driving to/from work.

£45 of fuel to full @ 95.9p/litre [Shell V-Power 99 RON]
46.9 litres [10.28 gallons]
460.5 miles

44.8 mpg

Yeah I know.....crazy.

Lovely fresh Shell Ultra 5W-40 Synthetic Oil, Renault oil filter and a new ITG PANEL FILTER.

Best I've had - no pussy driving either. Just obeying the limits [or thereabouts!]

Had to be a good lad as the missus and little one were on board most time.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
NB 02 HOT said:
i havent got the mpg computer on mine so i've been trying to work it out manually.usually manage 250-350 though before i have to fill up. only thing is i havent yet managed to risk running out completely so always have some left in the tank. managed to fill to the brim with 43l' today (most ever).

anyone have a rough estimate of how many miles a mk2 1.2 16v's got left once the red lights come on?

i get 45 on my computer when the light comes on in my 1.2 16v mate, and have done 30ish but then i panicked! lol

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Alan said:

Nice one Alan,:eek:

Nah, just the route to work is limited to 50mph and crawling with cops/cameras.

Hence, you can't fail to get good mpg!!! unless i sit in second....

Gonna whack the ass off it tomorrow as my stainless cat back + sports cat is fitted:cool:

NB 02 HOT said:
Light comes on when the sensor thinks theres 5 liters in the tank.

RB 182
think you get around 50 miles left, my 1.2 has dun about 380 max to the tank but i got scared when the 'miles left' thing went to 0 from about 25:approve:

ST
JMR Monaco172 said:
Nice one Alan,:eek:

Nah, just the route to work is limited to 50mph and crawling with cops/cameras.

Hence, you can't fail to get good mpg!!! unless i sit in second....

Gonna whack the ass off it tomorrow as my stainless cat back + sports cat is fitted:cool:

Thats what i like to hear.....min has over 2 years warranty left on it so it gets a booting most days lol

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Alan said:
Thats what i like to hear.....min has over 2 years warranty left on it so it gets a booting most days lol

Mine was out of warranty in May, cue the amazing dropping off exhaust last week.:mad:

Been driving round in works LDV pickup. Clogging b*llocks off it you get 69mph down hill with the wind behind you!!!

Looking forward to the drive tomorrow. Limiter all the way.............

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
j6 pkp said:
i get 45 on my computer when the light comes on in my 1.2 16v mate, and have done 30ish but then i panicked! lol

my light comes on at 62/63 miles normally, then screen goes blank at about 60, but ive had a good 45-50miles out of it twice, that was on motorway runs, normally fill up with 100 to go, not good for the fuel filters to let all the crap be pulled through the engine!

my car normally gets about 40ish mpg, which i think is pretty crap for a 1.2, but its only money...enjoy every minute of it, so wouldnt care if it did 20mpg!!!