ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40d. Now, Lense Time...

Decided on the 40d, went out and bought it, very happy with it :approve:

Now, ive been playing with it today, on a lens ive lent off someone (Just an 18-55 kit lens, standard one).

I sold my Canon 70-200mm F4 L a while ago, because I know I wouldnt use it over the winter, and I made money on it, so its all good...Now im wanting an everyday/walkabout lens for the new 40d.

Just wondering what anyone has to suggest, budget is anything upto £200. I recieved a £50 jessops voucher when purchasing the 40d from them, so if jessops have the lens, my budget is £250....

Cheers if anyone has any suggestions!

987 Boxster S
I have got it on my 400D, its good for the price. I think I paid a little over £200 about 6 months ago. So £195 at Jessops is a very good deal.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i have a canon 28-135mm IS lens and i find its good as a walkabout lens as it has a good focal range ( a bit of wide angle and a bit of telephoto). i picked it up of ebay new from a shop for under £200, i used to have the sigma version before which was good too.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just for walkabout Jord, or to cover everything? I'm planning on picking up the Canon 50mm f1.8. Dunno if it's what you're looking for, but it's only around £70, so bit of a bargain anyway.

Just for walkabout Jord, or to cover everything? I'm planning on picking up the Canon 50mm f1.8. Dunno if it's what you're looking for, but it's only around £70, so bit of a bargain anyway.

I already have a 'nifty fifty' :rasp:

Walkabout.......im going to be investing in some more L series glass come next year, bigger soom than my last one :approve:

I've got a Sigma 17-70mm on my 40D and it's a pretty good walk-about lens. The only thing I'd replace it with is a 17-55mm f2.8......but that's in a completely different budget range ;-)

I suppose its all about where you are walking! My 16-85 is my walk around, and it covers a great range!