ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40mm Spacers Wide enough on my GT ?

Not a 320d
Im about to order a set of H&R coilovers and a set of H&R spacers for my GT. Following on from the mk3 clio from germany thread, ive decided on droping it 55mm to begin with, but im not sure about the spacers, i wont be getting new wheels, probably never will altghough my shitty 195's dont provide a lot of grip.

28112009019qhd1.jpg

The rear axle have 20mm per side in this photo, so 40mm spacers, but im not sure if i should have the extra 5mm a side and have 50mm spacers. Its hard to tell in this photo.

Especially on the front. The rear wheels sit badly in the arches on the standard car and i think it would look good on 50mm spacers, but the fronts arent as bad and i dont want to have a car that has wheels poking out of the arches.

The guys car has 18" rims now and they are slightly offset too so i cant really use that to go by.

Cheers opinions and C&C welcomed.

Homo spec mazda
Not a GT but a MK3 non the less, This has 25mm rear spacers and no front spacers yet.
IMG_2244.jpg

Homo spec mazda
Ive just fitted 25mm spacers to the front of mine aswell, sits nicer just needs to go lower

Not a 320d
Ill try 40mm then as jens89 has 30mm on that photo. So i will try my luck with the extra 5mm. can always sell them i think. IN my opinion the pic of that black car with 50mm on the rear axle is a little much i think 2cm will sort it right out.

Black Clio GT
get them set up properly and get 4 wheel alignment done at the same time, will save inner edges of your tyres.

dont think 20mm will be enough for the back, but guess its too late now??

Not a 320d
20mm per side ? Yer too late i guess although ive had no order conformation, ill leave it at 20mm and if its crap ill sell them and get some new ones. Ive emailed a local garage to see if they will set them up correctly but i doubt they will. Might have to travel to leeds or something. Do RS Tuning do fast road setups ?

Black Clio GT
20mm per side ? Yer too late i guess although ive had no order conformation, ill leave it at 20mm and if its crap ill sell them and get some new ones. Ive emailed a local garage to see if they will set them up correctly but i doubt they will. Might have to travel to leeds or something. Do RS Tuning do fast road setups ?

would have thought rs do set ups, easy money as it doesnt take that long....

White Sti Hatch
50mm Front and Rear is the way forward !! (25mm Each Wheel) brings the wheels out perfectly ! search for my old Bus for proof