ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40mm springs and shocks..

Ph1 1.2
wanna lower it, but nothing too dramatic, 50mm maximum..
just wondering if the standard shocks will survive with 40mm springs

any advice or previous experience would help, cheers.

Luke

Jap Box
Im on -45mm approx and my shocks "seem" to have lasted ok. Ride is abit crashy during pot holes but thats about it really and mine have been fitted for about 8months.

350z, Subaru Legacy
If they're apex springs, the ride is awful!

From my experience and me being a high miler it shags your shocks and might have caused me driveshaft issues... If you're just cruising down to mcdonalds then I'm sure it'll be fine.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Eibach Sportlines mate heard nothing but good about them

This. Personally I think they are a better ride than the standard Renault springs, however they are not 'lowering springs' as such, though I think they bring the back end of the car down a bit.

If you want lowering for lowering's sake - I would probably recomend getting some cheap coilovers. Raceland maybe? I have no experience of them though so can't comment any further...

350z, Subaru Legacy
Are the Apex a poor spring?

Well last Feb I hit a pothole with some 40mm Apex springs on and it destroyed my shock and top mount. Which I was not best pleased about... There was just not enough resistance from the standard shock, I suppose from where it is already compressed.

Ph1 1.2
hearing some real bad reviews about apex springs atm!

i only want it lowered 40mm .. that seems a to small drop to spend a fair amount on coilovers..

just want a decent set of springs?! any ideas?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
decent springs arent far off second hand coilover price anyway really. you options are buy cheap springs and have a horrible ride, buy expensive spring and it not lower much. or replace the shocks aswell as the springs, or buy second hand or cheap coilovers lol

350z, Subaru Legacy
Simply lowering a car on springs is never really going to give you a nice ride from my experience. You get what you pay for.