ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40mm too low ?

TTRS & V50
Right just want an idea of how low apex 40mm drop ?

My old saxo was lowered 60mm and i had no problems what so ever, but im new to the clio scene so was wondering if people get problems with 1*2's lowered 40mm.

Looked under the car tonight and the sump seems to sit a little lower than the front bumper, so didnt want to be catching this!

Also how low do sportlines or prolines drop the car in terms of usability?

Thanks (pics appreciated)

Track 172 & Golf R32
ive lowered mine on 40mm apex and to be honest i wana go lower !!! im feeling a set of coilies very soon :)

never heard of anyone with problems on 60mm

as for eibachs u wont get the drop ur after but handling is the nuts in my mates car..

M2 Competition
Smithy, yours is a 1.2, different kettle of fish mate.

40mm is fine on a 172.

Prolines wont drop your car much if at all. Sportlines will make it sit more level. Apex give the perfect height, but with a hard ride.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
non sport but 60mm no rubbing on 15 inch dynamique wheels
july2nd2008001.jpg

M2 Competition
To the posts above, the guy has a 172, not a 1.2.

They start at differnet heights, so the heights you're quoting are irrelevant.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
To the posts above, the guy has a 172, not a 1.2.

They start at differnet heights, so the heights you're quoting are irrelevant.
mine isnt a 1.2 actually
but i know what your on about because the sport is lower so i think 40mm should be ok personally i would go for more!

Clio
how much are shocks and springs for a clio?

had a gti dropped 100mm on back 70mm on front and that was far to low really,

so whats best hight to lower a clio??

Track 172 & Golf R32
Smithy, yours is a 1.2, different kettle of fish mate.

40mm is fine on a 172.

Prolines wont drop your car much if at all. Sportlines will make it sit more level. Apex give the perfect height, but with a hard ride.

sorry mate didnt see the 172 bit lol

TTRS & V50
biohazard, your posts are irrelvent, because the first mile i did, the front bumper would have been ripped off.

it must be impossible driving about in yours.

i use country roads and multistory car parks and there quite a few sleeping policemen near me, so...

coilovers maybe in a few months time, but wont be set at their lowest.

sportlines lower how much ??

White Sti Hatch
Hmm lets see coilovers been fitted for roughly 3k miles my front bumper is still attached !! I go into multi story carparks often im going over speed bumps on a daily basis and go through country roads on a daily basis and my cars still fine ! so how you can say its impossible to drive around in mine is beond me !!!!:quiet:

biohazard, your posts are irrelvent, because the first mile i did, the front bumper would have been ripped off.

i use country roads and multistory car parks and there quite a few sleeping policemen near me, so...

PH1 iceburg
attachment.php

mine on 40mm apex sum peeps say ride is a bit harsh but i like it. Never had any probs wiv speed umps or car parks either.

hope it helps ;)

Last edited:
  TTRS & V50
bio i was only joking by the way, just saying it cos very one knows yours is low low.

well my vtr bumper couldnt fit over the curb, so i should be ok.

skinz that looks perfect, think ill go with the apex's

and i have searched, done LOTS of searching tbh, and not much is said tbh.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my old 1.2 16v clio was around -80mm all round, on anything more than a smooth road it didnt handle worth a f**k, fast bends it would bumpskip in the bends.

i personally wouldnt be going any lower than -40mm on a 172 unless it was for track only use.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Apex are s**t. Ruin the ride and the handling, bounces around like crazy on a b-road. There's a reason why they're cheaper than Eibach, progressive all the way.

Clio MK2 (1.2)

Same Situation as me, my 1.2 is on coilovers right down i scrap preety much every speed bump, up or down multi storey but its only the splitter scrapping underneath so its all good :)

TTRS & V50
i do wanna get the eibach because i had them on my previous car and they are great, but prolines dont drop enough and sportlines seem to drop the car oddly ?

M2 Competition
Apex are s**t. Ruin the ride and the handling, bounces around like crazy on a b-road. There's a reason why they're cheaper than Eibach, progressive all the way.

I thought the same about eibachs. Would get apex if i ever had to do it with just springs again.

TTRS & V50
i dont want a quick b-road car, i just use b-roads !!

cars need lowering imo ;)

need some pics of sportlines on 172 alloys !!