ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

430hp R26.R Dyno Graph :)

Never mind. It's just funny that we don't fall into line with the rest of the tuning world and quote wheels only to me, but whatever.

Care to answer my original question I first asked you Paul, about how you are finding the GTX series of turbos? As I thought they were meant to be more responsive spool wise, but that's a fairly old school powerband you've posted.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I agree with that yes.

The GTX is an awesome comp wheel. On the road I'm hitting full boost at 4k, I didn't hold it long enough on the Dyno to get the spool. It is a bit laggy but then again it on the .82

It matches a normal 3076 on a .63 in terms of spool (took that off for this)

Mind you a 3076 in that AR would be even laggier I suppose, so they're working to reduce spool.

Very tempted by something in that range, just got to figure out which I want really.

e91 330d/type r mini
so paul, one question for you? whats the wheel figure??
im pretty certain almost every rolling road day event thats posted on cs people who list there figures are @the flywheel not the wheels.
will have to rename the clio 172 to the clio 145 just to make sure people know what there getting ;)

2.2 bar shed.
Mind you a 3076 in that AR would be even laggier I suppose, so they're working to reduce spool.

Very tempted by something in that range, just got to figure out which I want really.

Yank lagmonsters are where the pro's are at.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
.82 ar seems small lol, I'm running a 1.01ar lol and i hit .8bar at 3k lol :D

a lot of people seem to be running billet wheels on turbo's now and it seems to make a pretty big difference...

my turbo is a journal bearing and was worried it might make a diff but roller bearings seem to cook to easy on rotaries... power is a funny thing, people can have 700+bhp and they have trouble getting below a 11 sec 1/4 then someone with 500bhp and crack a low 10! i have seen 400bhp cars hit a 10 and they weren't light cars, its all on how the power is transferred to the road i guess...

in no way was i saying your achievements were crap etc... an engine could produce 500bhp at the fly... however if it loses 30% of that power through a drive train then its not actually putting that power to the wheels! personally I'm more impressed with 370bhp at the wheels than the 430 at the fly... but customers will prefer the 430 figure lol...

and still the point is the fly figure is a guestimated one, its not an actual figure unless you take the engine out and dyno it... there are so many variables like tyres gearbox, diff, drag on tyres etc... once again i am not disrespecting you or you're achievements its just how i prefer to look at it!

scooby owners will say they are running 400bhp at the fly but in reality the car isn't putting that power to the wheels as the drivetrain saps a s**t load of that power... so yeh a fly figure is a good bragging figure, however put a 400bhp at the fly car against a 370bhp at the wheels car and the 370bhp at the wheels car will show the 400 at the fly car its ass...

as for the 172 comment, just to piss that guy off more its not 172 bhp lol its 172ps... which is lower than bhp

Tigra
.82 ar seems small lol, I'm running a 1.01ar lol and i hit .8bar at 3k lol :D

a lot of people seem to be running billet wheels on turbo's now and it seems to make a pretty big difference...

my turbo is a journal bearing and was worried it might make a diff but roller bearings seem to cook to easy on rotaries... power is a funny thing, people can have 700+bhp and they have trouble getting below a 11 sec 1/4 then someone with 500bhp and crack a low 10! i have seen 400bhp cars hit a 10 and they weren't light cars, its all on how the power is transferred to the road i guess...

in no way was i saying your achievements were crap etc... an engine could produce 500bhp at the fly... however if it loses 30% of that power through a drive train then its not actually putting that power to the wheels! personally I'm more impressed with 370bhp at the wheels than the 430 at the fly... but customers will prefer the 430 figure lol...

and still the point is the fly figure is a guestimated one, its not an actual figure unless you take the engine out and dyno it... there are so many variables like tyres gearbox, diff, drag on tyres etc... once again i am not disrespecting you or you're achievements its just how i prefer to look at it!

scooby owners will say they are running 400bhp at the fly but in reality the car isn't putting that power to the wheels as the drivetrain saps a s**t load of that power... so yeh a fly figure is a good bragging figure, however put a 400bhp at the fly car against a 370bhp at the wheels car and the 370bhp at the wheels car will show the 400 at the fly car its ass...

as for the 172 comment, just to piss that guy off more its not 172 bhp lol its 172ps... which is lower than bhp

tell me this will a 490whp fwd car run a high 9 sec pass at 148mph?

e91 330d/type r mini
Lol, im well pi***d of now I have just learnt a Clio 172 is in ps not bhp (really,wow)
Thanks so much for educating me!!!!
I know I'm thick and below you but surely ps is a fly wheel figure on the 172 which is what i was saying.

Last edited:
I also imagine that trans losses don't really work out as a simple percentage with loads of power. I mean if you had a 100bhp car that lost 25bhp through the drivetrain, and then you tuned it to a thousand horsepower, would you lose 250bhp through the same transmission? Obviously that's not a sensible comparison because they would have to be very different gearboxes, but the point stands.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I must say thats a hugely impressive figure and must be interesting to drive....or should i say 'hang on'.

My only fear is that at some point, maybe tomorrow, maybe next year, with this much power, something will go pop.

Are we saying that a Megane that once lost 30hp through its drivetrain, now loses 60bhp through the same drivetrain. SRS question. I'm trying to figure out how that works.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
More transmission loss from more power yes, origianlly it was 193whp and 230 fly so nearly 40hp stock according to DD