ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

430hp R26.R Dyno Graph :)

320d
Very very impressive. There is a video of a foreign one on youtube claiming 380bhp and it flys. This must be something else.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
so you just added on 16% for trans loss like every rolling road does??

why not just say "its 370 bhp at the wheels" as the trans figure is a guessed figure! you don't nor does any other rolling road know what the trans loss is lol! unless you take the engine out and stick it on an engine dyno... then feel free to say its whatever fly power it makes... i know 430 sounds better than 370 for bragging rights but 370 is the power that the car is making, the engine could be making 1000bhp... but it can't put that through the car and the wheels with trans loss etc... I'm not hating or slagging you off but 370 is the power the road will see.

FFS, when did he want to brag? or make out it was this and that.

all he did was post up a graph of work he's done on his own car and the negatives just fly in... nevermind the fact it seems certain people are telling paul how to do/build/conduct things with his build.

be good to see what you can push it too paul after fuel pumps sorted and uprated, up the bar and you'll easily see 500!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
FFS, when did he want to brag? or make out it was this and that.

all he did was post up a graph of work he's done on his own car and the negatives just fly in... nevermind the fact it seems certain people are telling paul how to do/build/conduct things with his build.

be good to see what you can push it too paul after fuel pumps sorted and uprated, up the bar and you'll easily see 500!

wow you need to go chill out...

the fact is the AT THE FLY figure cannot be measured on a rolling road! it measures the AT THE WHEELS figure, then the operator adds a percentage normally 16-18% for a fwd or rwd car then the graph gets remade by the computer to show the AT THE FLY figure... Naith when you actually know about tuning and rolling roads and power figures and how it all works come back and we can have a chat... until then get off the soap box

The guy that explodes if something isnt JDM and made with the blood of a japanese virgin tells me i need to calm down?

i'm calm, trust me. just find it funny how you are telling an internationally renowned tuner how and what to do with posting up figures and specifics on his own car...

you need to stop being a patronising boy, i'll go out and learn about cars whilst you do.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol ok mate, fair play, in that case lets all go to a rolling road and make up figures, a tuner should be displaying the at the WHEELS figures, not the fly figures, just like every other big tuner does!

bearing in mind i work for a tuner and i know what the f**k I'm talking about... i wouldn't comment otherwise...

sorry to rs tuning, didn't mean it to go off on one like this, and no way am i taking away from what you have achieved, its good to see that people are pushing things further than sticking turini's on everything...

CBR1K, F21 125D
Haha always a can of worms. Always.

Malice is right though! - and Paul HAS stated the figures now.. Agreed it started with some good willy waving, and thats a nice willy he has. So no need for more handbags now.

I do believe this is how I would experience the above car

....................... wait a minute....................... hang on.............................. BOOOOOOOOSSSTTTT OMFGGG!!!....... Hello wall.

Last edited:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Seen as here in the UK the estimated flywheel figure is always used thats what i posted oh and to add most USA numbers that quote ATW actually MATCH the flywheel power on a Dyno Dynamics.......

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Ok, you have seen different examples to me then but even so it's rare in the UK for wheel figures to be quoted.

I could go out tomorrow and put the car on a dyno that shows much higher numbers but i posted this as progress on my own car on my own dyno.

Next time i'll make sure i post only wheel figures so the dyno police dont get me ;)

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
When i had my car mapped at Rs tuning i got both flywheel and also at the wheel graphs , so paul does them , just hasnt posted them on here

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
They only mean jack if it's on a Dyno that takes the p1ss

There are plenty of dynos in this country that will show a much higher WHEEL figure compared to any DD.

Same as the dynapack hub figure, this also matches our fly figure.....

But a fly figure only means something if it's actually been taken from the flywheel on an engine dyno. Any fly figure calculated from the wheels is just that, a calculation. I know Dynodnamics are one of the conservative dynos for calculating flywheel figures, but it's still not an actual figure, is it.

That's all we're saying, that the wheel power is the only true figure you can give us.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
So why would it be a fair comparison Dyno to Dyno? My example of hub figure for instance.

Take dynojet wheel figures vs dd wheel figures, miles apart.....

I never said it was a fair comparison from dyno to dyno, just it's an actual figure that's being read, not one that's been made up from another figure by running it through an equation.

In short, it means more in the real world.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
That's the point though, same car different Dyno different whp. The power is never a raw output so even that involves some calculations

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Yawn @ all the dyno chat.

Very impressive megane. Surely there is no need to push it anyfurther??
Bet it could do a seriously impressive time at the ring!

Rolling Road Wars FTW. Either way it's going to be f**king quick.

Seems to me like the RWD Ricers can't handle the fact that a FWD French hatch would tear them a new JDM asshole. Just saying.

Yeah sure, but then same car, same dyno, different day = different figure. We could go on forever with the variables.

At the end of the day, I'd still rather see the UK quote wheel figures rather than fly figures, but this seems to come with a lot of scepticism because it's a lesser figure.

Megane 225 F1
Who cares. It's a f**king quick FWD drive car and quicker than a lot of RWD cars and it isn't standard and he has pushed it further than most would. That to me is impressive as most are too scared to do things like this to their cars (me included).

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
That's why I use shootout as all variables an operator can normally change are locked and you make sure it's repeatable no matter where it says the figure is from!

I'd be confident in saying that on an engine Dyno the fly figure I posted in this thread will be +-10hp at the same boost. Espespecially looking at the turbo comp map....