ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

449 Mk1 Valver

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Bought this about a week ago from clio_stu,
Some may remember my old mk 2 Phase 2
P1010054.jpg

P1010044.jpg

So since getting selling that I a vw Bora tdi 150, which was a complete disaster as the engine nearly fell out of that due to a load of issues (may have been unrecorded crash or a different engine), so that was costing me to much for repairs, could have gone well over 2000 I would say to put it right, so that went after only four months of owning, then got an astra 1.6, which hasn't missed a beat but just isn't as fun to drive.

So then got this after asking stu what he was gonna do with it as it was just a daily for him when the 172 was off the road, been after one for years after previously owning a mk1 (was a 1.2 tho), had to be a valver tho.

Anyway here she is.
P1020081.jpg

P1020083.jpg

P1020084.jpg

P1020086.jpg

P1020087.jpg

P1020088.jpg

P1020085.jpg

P1020089.jpg

Needs a bit of tlc, but should be gid at the end of it.
Plans are to track it tho, so 172 widetrack, bucket seats, etc.
Will probably put a project thread up later tho.

Cheers, btw before anyway says I know the boot is sare if you knock yer heed on it, not done it yet tho.:p

Last edited:
  Phase 1 172
Looking good fella. Your better off trying to get Williams wide track and keep the valver struts it gives good camber as its same as mk1 cup racer set up

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Nice, really low ! Had a white one in 1995 great cars

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Was thinking more 172 widetrack, with 172 brakes (280mm), which then mean i would need
172 brake calipers and brake lines.
172 hubs,
172 drive shafts
172 wishbones
williams steering rack,
willams arb
think would have to have the williams/valver coilovers, dont if 172 coilovers would fit tho

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Was thinking more 172 widetrack, with 172 brakes (280mm), which then mean i would need
172 brake calipers and brake lines.
172 hubs,
172 drive shafts
172 wishbones
williams steering rack,
willams arb
think would have to have the williams/valver coilovers, dont if 172 coilovers would fit tho

With that setup you'd need Williams fitment coilovers. Valver coilovers will give about 45 degrees of neg camber! lol. (I know, I tried it on my mk1)

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
With that setup you'd need Williams fitment coilovers. Valver coilovers will give about 45 degrees of neg camber! lol. (I know, I tried it on my mk1)
did you ever try 172 coilovers, or is that just a total no no.

Love these so much!
jut incase your intrested mate im selling full conplete 172 rear beam, 172 frot hubs and brakes and 172 subframe if you'd be intrested mate? Breaking a full 172 so give me a pm if your intrested mate :)

Williams fitment coilovers with the bolt holes opened out 1mm to use the 172 hub/strut bolts is what you need. 172 shocks were too tall when I tried in 2008