ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

450D or 500D

CLIO Iceberg 172
hi guys, i have decided that with my birthday cash im gonna grab myself a better camera,

right i can get a 500D for £456.10p
or a 450D for £399.10p
through a friend a jessops so getting the camera isnt a problem, what i want to know is, is it worth spending the extra cash and get the 500 or save the cash and put it towards a better lens for the 450,

is there much diffrence in picture quality between the two cameras?
dose anyone have some pics taken with the 500 that i can take a look at...

what do you guys think?

Cupra
The 500 does give better high ISO performance with the Digic 4 processor, it also has a higher resolution and larger rear screen.

The video function on DSLR's is a bit of a gimmick, but I have found the quality on mine astounding! I take small clips quite regularly now and they blow my camcorder videos out of the water.

Be aware that the video on the 500D is only 20fps at 1080p and you will need a fast memory card in order to record any duration.

Basically, it comes down to whether you need high ISO, a slightly better rear screen and video. If not, save yourself 50 quid.

Another option would be to get a 40D or 50D if they are not much different in price for you. They are much nicer bodies to use (IMHO!).