ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

46.2 MPG

clio 182 black /gold

I have just had this out of my clio. I have just done a 300 mile round trip and i thought it was great, normaly i get 32-34 Mpg

dk

911 GTS Cab

never had over 35 in mine even after driving it like a nun.

I dont think the trip computers are as accurate as people believe.

Oh and I doubt you got 46.2 on average, maybe resetting it while rolling slightly downhill on the motorway. I presume thats what you mean though

clio 182 black /gold

Well i reset the clocks then did 140ish miles then it said 46.2Mph at a steady 70Mph but coming home i was between 70-95 ish in places now it says 40.6MPh

I have no trouble getting 40mpg (trip computer and confirmed with petrol usage) if I need to out of my Cup. Dont exactly have to take it easy, I did a weekend around South Wales covering 450 miles at an average speed of 54mph and managed 37mpg.

Cruising between 70 and 90(ish) on the Motorway sees a good 40mpg without any trouble.

I get around 34mpg from my 182, with 38 on a granny run. I had a clio diesel on loan from the dealer for a couple of days, that did 92mpg according to the computer - the 182 is a bit quicker, though....

The trip is very accurate according to my calculation you just need to give it ages to settle down.

I checked the amount of fuel I stuck in VS the amont the trip sad Id burned over 20k and it was accurate to 0.5%. It works off the ecu injection so it should be spot on accuracy wise.

133/225/CLS AMG

On average it tends to vary between 28mpg when I end up stuck in traffic to 34mpg when I get a clear run. (To work that is)

I have managed 42mpg but I dont think I went above about 2500rpm lol.

On the motorway I tend to get 38mpg.

clio 182 black /gold

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 21 July 2005

never had over 35 in mine even after driving it like a nun.

I dont think the trip computers are as accurate as people believe.

Oh and I doubt you got 46.2 on average, maybe resetting it while rolling slightly downhill on the motorway. I presume thats what you mean though

No serious i was stopped with a full tank of fuel and it said that.

I used to be able to get 41.6 out of mine at about 60-70 on motorway...

I have now left the trip to run over 200gallons of fuel and its settled at about 29.7 - but thats mainly town and non-shopping runs :p

Cruising at 75-80mph on CC in my 172 (2-up, loads of luggage) gave me 45.8mpg on a trip from Stirling to Manchester and back.

Usually get 35mpg average though.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

I normally get around the 38 - 40mpg. Lowest has been 35mpg.

(have seen it read 50mpg, but I had just filled up and got stuck in a traffic jam :p)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

would a blowing exhaust affect mpg? sometimes when im stuck in traffic i can watch mine get lower and lower.

Scirocco GT 210

Ive had 52 mpg from a 70 mile journey before. Driving like my grandmother. Got 45 mpg the other week from a 220 miles journey with the air con on all the time. Again, driving a bit like grandma

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Leeshez - carry on with a decent MPG return and were unlikely to meet you at the Shell garage on the other side of Blackburn...

Hurry up man and put your foot down! Looking to get a refill either on Monday or Tuesday......

D.

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 22 July 2005

would a blowing exhaust affect mpg? sometimes when im stuck in traffic i can watch mine get lower and lower.
Mine does that sat on the drive on tickover, think its pretty normal.

Boxster S

If youre not moving anywhere the MPG is going to drop as you are using petrol to idle and not doing any miles with the petrol you are using.

Never got more then 41mpg out of my 182, averages about 33-35...

clio 182 black /gold

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 22 July 2005

Leeshez - carry on with a decent MPG return and were unlikely to meet you at the Shell garage on the other side of Blackburn...

Hurry up man and put your foot down! Looking to get a refill either on Monday or Tuesday......

D.

Well i filled up Tuesday and yesterday it was half full so i filled up to the top before coming back. Im going to conistion tonight for the weekend so what day and time do you want to meet there then? P.S I know how to get to the windmill garage.

Quote: Originally posted by Leeshez on 21 July 2005
I have just had this out of my clio. I have just done a 300 mile round trip and i thought it was great, normaly i get 32-34 Mpg

350 miles going to work last work, m62, stop start then 70mph-ish ..

........48mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................

there is nothing to touch this car available today in terms of price v fuel v performance!!!

im buggered trying to think wot to get next!!

Suzuki SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 22 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 22 July 2005

Mine does that sat on the drive on tickover, think its pretty normal.
My exhaust is blowing and I cannot get above 28.9mpg, no matter how easy I drive, a blowing exhaust must affect MPG, as the exhaust system isnt going to be very efficient if its got holes in it. Being a renault exhaust I think they build them at the factory with holes in, Im about to get onto my 3rd exhaust in less than a year.

[Edited by StevieP on 22 July 2005 at 4:14pm]

Or, as Jeremy Clarkson said on the review of the 182 on Top Gear that they made the boot out of tracing paper, they probably make the friggin exhausts out of tracing paper.