ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4k rattle

I know this is a popular chat on here, but my cup has it and has had it for a long time. But as my warranty runs out next month i thought id give Renault Manchester a call to see if they could sort it out for me!!

I have read on here a few times that people have had this problem sorted with a new exhaust under warranty.

Anyway Renaults reply was the car is too old and has too many miles on it now (25k & 53 plate) for this to be covered by the warranty, i thought a warranty is a warranty, this cant be right?? They also said that in the last 12 months of the warranty alot of things are not covered!!

Can anyone help, if anyone has had the same problem fixed at this stage of the warranty???? Weather i should follow this up maybe speak to a manager orgo to another Renault dealer??

Feeling quite annoyed

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Too many miles at only 25k?? They have got to be kidding!! It is total b****cks that the warranty covers less in the last 12 months too. If I were you I would ring Renault UK, tell them what the problem is and see if they will sort it out for you. Your car is not old and it certainly hasn't done major mileage.

I was told that your exhaust is only covered for the first year my mate had trouble getting it done he had to phone renault uk to get it done and that was in the first part of the second year took a long time to sort out i think

LY V6 with Recaros
That sounds like a load of cr*p to me, what is the point in having a 3 year warranty if hardly anything's covered for the last year?? And 25K is too many miles?? Wtf!

Anyway Renaults reply was the car is too old and has too many miles on it now (25k & 53 plate) for this to be covered by the warranty, i thought a warranty is a warranty, this cant be right?? They also said that in the last 12 months of the warranty alot of things are not covered!!
Tell them that under suitability of good for service act that an exhaust failing that early isn't suitable, therefore whilst exhausts arn't under warently its under warently as it fails in an unacceptable lenght of time.

Ring Renault Uk they will agree for a repacment free of time the dealers jsut lazy doens't want to do the work.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Tell them that under suitability of good for service act that an exhaust failing that early isn't suitable, therefore whilst exhausts arn't under warently its under warently as it fails in an unacceptable lenght of time.

Ring Renault Uk they will agree for a repacment free of time the dealers jsut lazy doens't want to do the work.

Damn good point there. Spot on mate! That is exactly the sort of thing the OFT would say. Nicely put.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Total and complete crap.

I had my centre section replaced at 2 years and 8 months old. 32k miles.

No problems.

To be honest I don't understand your garage. They do the work, bill Renault and they get their money.

Print off this thread and show them.

Complete and utter rubbish to say not much is covered in last 12 months. Wear and tear is one thing but it's not like the exhaust has a hole, it's a design failure which causes the rattle. Stand your ground mate and write head office a letter including how this website has a dealership feedback forum.

I did the above with a problem regarding a dent in my car and they bent over backwards to help me after initially refusing. I noticed a dent on my car after three days of ownership which must have been there when I picked it up but I'm sure it was not when I signed to buy the car.

FF Blackgold 182
I heard that Reno have replaced quite a few exhausts on warranty, due to them corroding from the inside out. Don't know if this is the same prob, but a warranty is a warranty. Total rubbish!:mad:

I have a 05 plate 182, one of the sleeves on my exhuast went and they wouldnt cover it under warranty, saying my car had done too many miles, 12K!!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Renault dealers really piss me off. Once they have sold you a car they don't want anything more to do with you. Their job is done as far as they can see. Total tossers!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
my 53 plate cup has 58k on and the exhaust is getting replaced next week under the original warrenty. there making it up go get it sorted, say uve spoken to another dealer and they say it is covered.

Cheers guys some very interesting reading also has made me more annoyed.

Definately going to print this thread off and call Renault UK today, i have officially 27 days left on my warranty so i want it done soon!!

I just want to say i dont come here as much as i should but everyone on here is always very helpful. Keep up the good work

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I have a 05 plate 182, one of the sleeves on my exhuast went and they wouldnt cover it under warranty, saying my car had done too many miles, 12K!!

Get back to them & give them a round of 'F's', you can have most things replaced up to 3 years old.

Phone renault customer services & tell them.

Megane 2 GT 165
I had my cat replaced for the 4k rattle.

As from what they told me. There are 2 or 3 rings aroud the material in the cat, that are welded or something. These rings can get loose, and start rattling. Happens quite often.

I believe as long as you are still in warranty you should get it replaced without any costs.