ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4throttle or compressor

182 cup pack

Guys i need your help..I have a 1,4 16v clio(model 2000)with a lot of mods.The car was 98 hp and had 12,7 kg torgue and now is 140hp and has 17 kg torgue.

I have found a compressor kit for clios 1,4 and 1,6 16v.It has totally everything that might be needed as compressor,lubrication system,intercooler,extra ecu managment,adaptor and with a few words is ready to be pluged.It costs 5000 E with all the mechanic work.I was told that the power of my clio will go at 200-210 hp and the torgue above 24kg!!!!!

In case that i order one should also I change the pistons with forged and what else should I do in order not to have problems with the reliability???

The second is the 4 throttle system.I like naturally aspirated motors BUT nowhere can i find a 4 throttle system for my car.So if i decide that i want this way for lifting up the horses of my clio i should experiment a lot...Which of these two would you choose and of course why,and

is the compressor kit at good price??

Keep in mind that with little less money(4500)I can install a light turbo kit 0,6-0,7 bar but i dont like it.....even if the power output will be more.

Thank you and cheers from beautiful Greece...

I wouldnt bother NA tuning the 1.4.......pointless.

Use the charger or turbom turbo would be cheaper and easier.

What should you change, well, depends how much your planning to make, you could end up changing everything from pistons and injectors and management.

Up to you, only you know what you want, when you do, then we can help better.

182 cup pack

BenR I want to make 200-210 hp from my small engine and with the commpresor kit it will not be far.But should i change the pistons with forged and what else should i do in order not to have problems???

Thats all i want to know...

well, how much boost are you going to run, what sort of dynamic compresson ratio. You gotta find out how much you ant to run and lower the CR byt the appropriate amount. If you want 200bhp form a 1.4 which basically means doubling the power your gonna have to run a fair few psi, and i would go the turbo route as itll be neater, easier lighter and give more power than fiddlign with a supercharger.

youll have to find the right temp plug to run, youll have to sort fueling and ignition plus make the management boost aware, and i dont know if your std ecu is up to all that but i doubt it. Or are you going to bodge it with rising rate fuel pressures and 5th injectors?

up to you mate, decide what you want first.......but i wouldnt go with teh supercharger personally.

182 cup pack

BenR as i told before the power of the car now is 140 hp(dyno tested).So I was told that at 0,7 bar the most ill make 200hp from it.The boost is not much.

I would go for the compressor(supercharger)cause i want the power to come smoother and more progressive than the turbo,even though it will be fewer...

The kit contains all the neseccary as EXTRA ECU,5th INJECTOR,also the compression ratio from 11/1 that is now will go at 8,5/1....and many more that i dont know the words in order to write them down...

I just want to know whether i have to change the pistons by installing forged for extra insurance of my engine!!!

My mechanics say no but i want to be sure.Thats why im asking.

well, its still about 10psi.......which isnt a small amount to be running on a non turbo designed engine.

Plus, since the boost is so small you wont have to use a large turbo this spoolup will be fast and easy, no lag. Also, when you get bored, itll be far easier to upgrade the turbo than the charger.

And if the kit already lowers the CR form 11.1 to 8.5 by what means?........a decompression plate between the head gasket?

As for the pistons, firstly are they available......then what will be the CR if you fit forged pistons AND use the kits method of lowering the CR. If you want the simple answer, get the pistons and use them to lower the CR rather than any other methods, if cost isnt an issue. You dont have to............

again, like i said, up to you.........your money.

Mk2 172

Replace the pistons if you knacker them?

Or will it camage other things if they crumple or whatever they might do?

(Good luck anyway)