ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 Door 1.2

clio 5door sport rep
I couldn't be arsed with coilovers... I lowered mine 40mm and it's low enough for me... give the cliospares guys a message and see how much a grill from them will cost failing that eBay for 50 quid brand new is a good shout. with regards to the removal of grill bit of brute force will get it off... put the pal of your hand on te bottom of the grill and push hard and it should pop out

A slow blue one.
Cheers mate, I've dropped them a cheeky message. Just waiting to see if they can beat the price on ebay bearing in mind Clio Spares will be 2nd hand and the ebay grill is brand spanking.You go for the sportlines then? I've seen some cars with them and was toying going with those but having seen a coilovered Clio I've been massively swayed in favour of them. Checked your threads on yours too, how much work was it to fit the sport front bumper, thought it would require a little delicate trimming and persuasion to fit onto the non-sport chassis.

clio 5door sport rep
if you don't use sport wings then you need to do some filler work on it for which there is a guide in the section , but I bought the sport wings aswell. when your using the sport wings there no alteration required... Just all bolts on. looks alot better IMO

A slow blue one.
Hey folks, just a short update. Managed to finally get the silvervisions fitted in the rear light cluster, replace the high level stop light and remove that spider from the cluster. A small victory.

Unfortunately last Friday I'd stopped for a coffee after work at a retail park, when I was on my way home (travelling down a one way route might I add) some old git came around the corner and proceeded to drive at me meaning I had to mount the curb :( Some slight damage to the rim but I've phoned the garage I got them refurbished at and they've told me to pop down to see if they can do anything about it, otherwise it's another full refurb. Bit of a set back but these things are sent to try us.

I need a little more advice, I've been toying with getting the sport interior. Would any sport seats from fit into the car? As for runners would I need the runners from a sport or would the standard runners in my '03 Mk2 Ph2 accommodate a sport interior? Finally the door cards, would a full set of door cards (guessing they simply replace those currently in my non-sport) from a sport fit my five door or would the fact it's a five door mean I wouldn't fit the sport interior in the rear?

Help appreciated folks :)

clio 5door sport rep
door cards from a 3 door wont fit. doors are a different size. as for the wheels. that ssucks... although why is the guy who cause the incident not paying for the refurb >:-(

with regard to mine im not that fussed about the interior. as long as its clean. if the seats are grubby some car seat covers..... if i was to push the boat out id maybe get some recaros or something similar.... but id much rather spend the bulk of my money improving the outer of the car... get more pics of whatever u settle on tho :)

A slow blue one.
Well it was only some old bloke, part of me wanted to wring his neck but then again I've come to expect it from drivers of that age. Actually I'd got in touch with the garage who took pity on me, possibly because I've recently spent so much money at their place, that they're touching it up for free tomorrow :D

I've already found an answer to my query, probably going to leave the interior as is. Been outside measuring my bolt spacing today as I was swapping the wheels round and putting a spare on ready for the damaged wheel to go back, 58mm so now I'm hunting for some coilovers. But more importantly be buying the sport grill sometime this month now I've got a little bit of money to spend. Also going to try and get round to fitting the fogs in, got the stalk too and seeing as my mechanical skills are pants that may take a while to get right...

clio 5door sport rep
I just got a auto electrician to wire my fogs up to my existing fog lights. So they come on when I put my other foggies on. guy took 50 quid for him to wire them up which I thinks pretty good so don't let anyone rip you off. the non sport bumper won't have the brackets for the foglights to sit in unless they came fitted (mine wernt) so guy just cable tied them up abd they were solid. now I have a sport bumper fitted they just screw in. in assuming your staying with non sport bumper for the time being yeah?

A slow blue one.
£50? I rang my garage that I usually take mine to for it's M.O.T and they quoted a couple hours labour which would have cost a small fortune. Might do the same as you, there are a few mobile auto-electricians that operate in Bolton so I'll try them. Yeah, I'll be sticking with the standard bumpers I think. Also having a second thought on the coilies, where I live when we get snow in the winter it can cut me off completely meaning I'm unable to get to work (not always a bad thing) so I've been thinking that surely coilovers would make it even more difficult with the reduced ground clearence :(
Slightly gutted because I'd got my heart set on a pair, but really don't need my job of getting about in the snow any more difficult and if the future winters are anything like the past two or three we've had then they're gonna be tough as it is.

clio 5door sport rep
Yeah... I'm thinking of buying some cheap alloys and sticking
Winter tires on them incase the snow gets bad again.... that's shocking about the garage... Bit
Of a rip off. maybe a auto electrician will be cheaper... Just shop around. don't know about the collies... maybe ask some of the guys on here how they found driving in heavy snow with them... :)

clio 1.2
Yeah... I'm thinking of buying some cheap alloys and sticking
Winter tires on them incase the snow gets bad again.... that's shocking about the garage... Bit
Of a rip off. maybe a auto electrician will be cheaper... Just shop around. don't know about the collies... maybe ask some of the guys on here how they found driving in heavy snow with them... :)

driving with a lowered car in snow is a f**king pain in the arse coz it jst slowly turns up all the snow and ploughs it infront of you and you end with a fuckin snow wall up to your bonnet and cant go anywhere

A slow blue one.
nice tidy motor mate, keep the work up :)

Thanks very much :) actually just snatched myself an RS grill so when that comes through that's next. Won't be updating this properly until the new year because until then I can't really afford the money for mods worthy of updating this thread. Bring on the new year... Coilovers, colour coding and finally going to get the bleeding fogs fitted!

driving with a lowered car in snow is a f**king pain in the arse coz it jst slowly turns up all the snow and ploughs it infront of you and you end with a f**kin snow wall up to your bonnet and cant go anywhere

Actually posted a thread about this and got some people saying for the most part it's not bad. People tend to crank the ride height back up 30mm or so just to get them through the worst of the winter and then back down after all the snow has melted. Personally I'm playing it safe and leaving it as is until the typical British winter has been and gone.

A slow blue one.
Aight, kind of a shi**y update. One way and another this winter has been tough on the Clio. Driving to work one morning after a hideously cold night on a very icy road some woman thought my car could do with a little modification to the bonnet, so she decided to shunt me into the back of a Ford Transit crew cab.

CameraZOOM-20111220160320173.png

CameraZOOM-20120112082009241.png

Annoyingly there was no damage to her vehicle (however fortunately no damage to the rear of mine) and seeing as I went into the bumper underneath a Ford Transit crew cab there was little to no damage to the van. The grille was pretty badly damaged too, you can't see it clearly in these pictures, with most of the spindles on the passenger side snapped clean off as well as my new pressed front reg plate being scratched to f**k. Considering the amount of time and money I've invested into keeping it at it's best I've all but lost interest in her.

Although I've paid for the damage to my vehicle out my own pocket the van I was shunted into wanted to go through the insurance. As those of you who've had dealings with insurance companies know it's all about 'no claim not no blame' (hence me not wanting to go through the insurance to fix mine) and regardless of the fact it was not my fault it'll count against me for the next three years at least. I'm absolutely gutted because I'd got my heart set on getting something a little more 'exciting' than a 1.2 this year but, with the inevitable effect this will have on my insurance, it seems I'm stuck with her for a little longer than planned.

It's since been fitted with a brand new re-sprayed bonnet which does look pretty good and I've got myself an RS grille on the way, I'll get some pictures when that's been delivered and fitted. Hopefully when the grille gets fitted and she's had a little spruce up I'll fall for her again.

Last edited:
Don't give up on it mate, I've just picked one of these up this evening and can't wait to start driving it around and modding it (once my head light gets fixed). Lucky it was cosmetic damage though. Keep updated mate :)

clio mk 2 5 door
cars looking good mate. got exactly the same car. theres more 5 doors on here than i thought. also debating about what to lower it on. just keep things simple. colour code and lower. trying to get hold of some borbet t's to put on the girl. any updates?

A slow blue one.
Not really, to be honest I'm going to be selling it come August so to spend any more on her would be a litte pointless. Getting a bit tired of how gutless she feels after getting the chance to have a play in a friends 172, although the insurance is way too high for me in one of those. My first car was a 1.3 Ka and I'm toying with trying out a SportKa, they hardly weigh anything and putting a 1.6 engine would make it pretty lively I'd guess and personally I like the styling. I'm going to be gutted to see her go as this is the first car I've had since I got into practicing detailing and, to me, she looks amazing. But I've saved a little money and fancy a change, I'll try and get some updated pictures of her up tonight (they're only instagram pictures so not the best quality) but it'll show off how she is now, nothings changes apart from a new bonnet and RS grill. The RS grill has made a big difference, definitely advise sourcing one of those.

clio mk 2 5 door
alright yea ka's are feathers ha should be pretty nippy. yea im buying a rs grill on saturday from someone on here so hopefully get that fitted next week sometime. yea stick some pics up when you have a chance