ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-5 funnyness

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Is it just mine? lol

Whenever its -5 on the temp display the car will start first time evertime and cut out immediately, on second start up its fine...

Thing is if its any other temp above -5 (-4, -2, 0, 4 etc etc) it starts perfectly!

Is there some kind of reaction at -5 to fuel or something that makes it harder to keep it running?

I keep forgetting to double prime the fuel pump to see if that makes a difference.

Not really an issue just a curiosity! :)

B

Bucko

I never have any problems starting mine up, whatever the temp.

How old is the battery?

Same here, mine always starts first time, even through the snow over December/January.

Weak or tired batteries normally suffer in the cold mate

Fiesta ST2
or start the car and give it a few rpm for a few seconds then let it settle.. might be a dirty injector? happened a lot on my dads alpha when he had dirty injectors

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
battery is 3 months old its not that, its not that it doesn't start it starts fine it just doesn't idle it immediately cuts out, tickling the throttle stops it doing it though...

Its no big deal really, I'll call it an issue if it does it when it warms up!