ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 Gt turbo phase 1

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M135i
Always wanted one when I was younger, really liked the Grey, was it Raider version....... that lovely though....

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Mini GP2
Timewarp; looks a stunner. Amazed at what they're fetching considering a Clio Williams in similar condition would be lucky to fetch half that.

There's a chap on the Clio V6 forum with a Pearl White GT Turbo and its stunning.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Raiders were blue, never limited and only a last push to get sales.. There's loads on the roads..

Rare renault 5 gtt's are all the phase ones and reds as they go pink..

I have a j plate in the garage in bits waiting for paint.....has been 2 years

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M135i
I had a R5 when I was 19, that was 20 year's ago.
It was an E reg in electric blue, i owned it for 2 year's.

FFS, im old.
Old and lucky...lol, how the f*ck could you afford that and insurance? i just dreamed...

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  A special one.
Old and lucky...lol, how the f*ck could you afford that and insurance? i just dreamed...
I forgot to say id also just come off of a drink drive ban (not proud of that) i bought the R5 about 2 weeks before i could drive it.
Insurance was £800 and im sure i payed £2800 for the car.

I was working on Aston Martins (not that it payed well) and was living with my parents.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M135i
I forgot to say id also just come off of a drink drive ban (not proud of that) i bought the R5 about 2 weeks before i could drive it.
Insurance was £800 and im sure i payed £2800 for the car.

I was working on Aston Martins (not that it payed well) and was living with my parents.
Top draw mate, awesome, i always thought because they where only a 1.4, insurance would be cheap, not so....lol

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M135i
Yes pretty much i suppose, when i was 18, i had a 950cc fiesta....lol, not quite the same....

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M135i
I never moved on, sold the fiesta, went on Holiday and come back and bought a bike..... sorry....lol

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Raiders were blue, never limited and only a last push to get sales.. There's loads on the roads..

Rare renault 5 gtt's are all the phase ones and reds as they go pink..

I have a j plate in the garage in bits waiting for paint.....has been 2 years
Lol. Yeah loads on the road..... They were limited as well.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172
I had 9 of them between age of 19-22..... My mates had novas and xr2is .... They destroyed all of them .... Mind you I went through soooo many turbos and head gaskets lol . Great fun though . Not sure I would pay that much but someone will I'm sure .

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Lol. Yeah loads on the road..... They were limited as well.

Nope, they aren't even the same blue either, there's different metallics seen from one to the other..

You either don't know or you're trolling me...

Jump on the renault turbo owners forum and tell them you own a limited edition renault 5 gtt raider and enjoy getting flamed lol..

We have a list of the gtts still on the road, electric blue, pearl white etc were uber low numbers, the Tungys are high up the list with those limited raiders..

They were a special edition, not a limited edition... Didn't they do that with the clio williams, a limited run of the early one and then open the taps on the 2 and 3?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
I had an electric blue one years ago, I think I paid about £500 for it, and sold it on a few weeks later after getting pissed off with overheating issues, for about £800 I think.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Impreza RB5 #054
Had a 3 of the little b******s nearly 14-15 years ago. Tungy,Black and red.
Back then we use to fiddle with the carb, strap the original inter cooler or replace with a GTT or BB performance one, aquamist water injection and a cheap T25 from a guy in London and they went like f**k.

Always wanted a Electric blue 5 on Oz superleggra's.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My mate has a tungy for sale

Spent a fortune on it!!

Il try and get some pics of it

Thing is awesome, got his Clio v6 now so surplus to requirement

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Nope, they aren't even the same blue either, there's different metallics seen from one to the other..

You either don't know or you're trolling me...

Jump on the renault turbo owners forum and tell them you own a limited edition renault 5 gtt raider and enjoy getting flamed lol..

We have a list of the gtts still on the road, electric blue, pearl white etc were uber low numbers, the Tungys are high up the list with those limited raiders..

They were a special edition, not a limited edition... Didn't they do that with the clio williams, a limited run of the early one and then open the taps on the 2 and 3?
They made 1000 raiders. That wasn't loads back when produced and certainly not "loads" on the road now. Iv not seen one in years.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
They made 1000 raiders. That wasn't loads back when produced and certainly not "loads" on the road now. Iv not seen one in years.

Post actually proof and I'll lick my own b-hole...

In the 13 years I've been part of the Rtoc and other forums, no one has come across anything that says its limited... Urban legend I'm afraid.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  corsa ecoflex
Listen to Dave as he knows his stuff when it comes to the old R5....he has helped me many a times on my old one and I even had a Clio mk1 with a gtt lump in it off Dave that he did himself.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Post proof there wasn't ? Just going by Wikipedia . I don't care tbh. But your claim of loads on the road is utter horse s**t.
Post actually proof and I'll lick my own b-hole...

In the 13 years I've been part of the Rtoc and other forums, no one has come across anything that says its limited... Urban legend I'm afraid.[/QUOTE

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  A special one.
I had a R5 when I was 19, that was 20 year's ago.
It was an E reg in electric blue, i owned it for 2 year's.

FFS, im old.
This is the same as my old one.
Renault-5-GT-Turbo[3].jpg