ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 Megane RS Convoy around ring in under 8 mins

That does look like a lot of fun.
Would be well confusing having 5 identical cars pass you one after the other!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Strong levels of trust between the drivers to drive that fast and that close to each other. Kudos.

Thought he'd binned it when he left the track but he seemed to stay very calm & composed.

Good vid

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I echo the above. No way you would have 5 mates going to the ring in identical Meganes breaking 8 minutes. Maybe with 5 pro/semi-pro drivers and specced up factory cars though.

Nissan 350z
The Megane is a capable car though and if you have 1 experienced driver in the pace car (yellow in this case) I'm sure the others would just be able to copy with them all being the same setup, same capabilities etc.

(edit) Also worth noting they have little traffic to contend with which probably helps the time too.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I echo the above. No way you would have 5 mates going to the ring in identical Meganes breaking 8 minutes. Maybe with 5 pro/semi-pro drivers and specced up factory cars though.

Thilo and the other guys that have the Megane's in that are very quick and have done countless laps and can constantly lap in sub 8, Thats from personal experience :wink:

Standard cars will do sub 8 BTG's all day with a good knowledgeable driver, None of them are standard, All running aftermarket suspension, brakes and sticky tyres

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
thought the guy in front was a goner for a second when he missed the apex!

out for interest, whats the fastest a 1*2 has been around?