ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 month old car/light brush scratches?

535d / t5 caravelle
ok, so my parents have just purchased a ford focus 5 month old, demonstrator, they have had that pure guard shite put on it, ( i advised against it :rolleyes: ) i have just seen the car, yeah its nice but....................... the rear doors are not flush, and the whole car is covered in scratches when you look closely, looks to me like the bell end salesman that had the car for 5 months washed it with a brillo pad! probably used these £1.50 car washes on it, been back to kick off, hopefully get the doors aligned properly but i aint convinced, my question is, can these light scratches be removed permanantly, by going to a detailer? i realise its hard to say without seeing the car or pics at least, they are not deep, looks like brush marks from a shitty car wash, any ideas? not happy with ford bullshitting salesmen .

cheers

STEALTH RAIDER
With most detailers mate, their goal is to hit over a 90% correction rate. With the focus being only 5 months old, id expect the result to be better although nowadays you see some new cars in sorry states wondering how it got like that in the first place! Surface scratches can be removed permanently but its taking your word for it on that matter. Best thing to do is get someone to look at it for you, possibly get a test area done to see what will be most beneficial to your parents and then take it from there. If it is only light/surface scratches then i would have thought a single stage machining could achieve the acceptable finish. Only thing you would have to worry about is how hard the pure guard has cured as some can be a right b**ch to get off, so the right detailer could charge a little more for the extra elbow work.

Hope this helps mate and let us know how you get on ;), Lew

Not a 320d
They can be removed permanantly by machine polishing either by yourself or a detailer, but its up to you to maintain it correctly so they are kept to a minimum. Its not just the wash technique you use either, drying towels can be a major cause of marring or swirls. Id look into using somehting like Gtechniq C1 as this has scratch resistant magic hoo haa in it and will minimise the swirls and marring you inflict over time.

Megane R26
In short, yes - I have seen this a fair bit on 'new' cars from dealers, who have valeters getting paid literally £6 to prep a car, using the same poor materials all day long. Most people don't seem to care, or realise the marks can be removed.

I'm fully registered as a business and insured so if you manage to get the dealer to admit liability or offer to pay for it then I'd be happy to invoice them directly. I'd suggest that a single day 'enhancement' would sort most of this and get the car to a suitable condition, but I may be a bit far from you. I'd suggest it'd be about £150 to rectify.

In fact I have a Leon FR on Sat which has been butchered by a dealership. They coughed up for it to be corrected...!

Do t accept any offers of 'mopping' though as it'll probably look worse!