ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 stud conversions.

has anyone converted there clio to five stud? i know through playing with my golf a few years ago that it could be done.

how difficult would it be? could you use disc etc of a safrane,laguna?

the reason i ask is that i love porsche wheels (cup1-2-3s and turbos) and think a set of these on clio would look the dog b****cks!

any ideas?

The latest Lagunas have a 5-stud fixing, so in theory you could fit the front and rear setup from this onto a Clio. No idea whether it would fit though! Why not speak to Nick @ HillPower. Im guessing its gonna cost you a pretty packet too!

Lionel Richie

You could try hub converters, a steel or aluminum disk (like a spacer) that has 5 holes at whatever PCD you want drilled into it. you line one of the holes up with an existing hole on your hub (4 hole hub on the car) Then you put the 5 hole wheel on and using an extra long wheel bolt it bolts through to the original hub then you just add the other four bolts to the wheel. Im not sure if this is the exact way of how to do it. Cos in reality the wheel is held on to the car by one bolt???? I think hubs are acutally mounted using more than one bolt, i think they have flush fit nuts or something

Clio RS 200

Ive made some of these before for a friends kit car(when i was an engineer) got some good quality steel EN 32 i think then turned the spacer then drilled and bored out the new holes to whatever the PCD was. Also turned a step on the main bore to fit the hubs. Quite easy to make if you have the tools in a modern machine shop.