ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

50 Cent Blood on the Sand

Clio 182
Re: The "To be announced" game I couldn't name.....

looks awful!
At 0.46 you can see the man through the wall! And seems like the explosions are the same every time?

Looks like it could be alright TBH. The hand to hand combat thing looks cool. Whether or not it will play well is another matter though :D

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

you should be ashamed. go work on starcraft 2!

E87 118d M Sport

who do you actually work for the lee? and what position. if you dont mind me asking?

Lee

BMW M2C

I used to work at Swordfish Studios, who were owned by Vivendi who then went on to purchase Activision. Following that deal they decided to divest the studio and we got picked up by Codemasters, so that's where I am now. I'm currently working in Central Tech (EGO engine), but also get involved in the design stuff for the racing titles.

It's a good laugh Roy, nothing ground breaking, but a dam good effort considering the license!!

It's a good laugh Roy, nothing ground breaking, but a dam good effort considering the license!!

Yeah cool. I was trying to look at the game in isolation, and ignore fiddy cent. It does look ok but I doubt it's something I'd be buying TBH.

Lee

BMW M2C

Just read the 360 Gamer and X360 Mag previews. They're wanking over it!!! Everyone was expecting it to be total crap, but now they've all played final code, they love it.

Maxim have rated it higher than Killzone 2! Although Maxim is hardly the gamers bible. lol

From the 360 Gamer Preview:

We Liked:
Slick addictive action
Swearing button
THQ for picking it up

We Disliked:
Everything before playing it
Almost nothing afterwards
Activision for prefering Crash

Considering no one here even wanted to work on a 50 Cent game, it looks like it's going to be received as the best title we've ever produced!!

Looking forward to getting my free copy to rinse some easy gamerpoints out of. lol

Nissan 350z

I think the last CodeMasters title i actually enjoyed was Overlord! Drop some hints to make a sequel please Lee :)

Actually come to think of it do CodeMasters actually make games anymore or just publish other studios titles? Hmmm.

Lee

BMW M2C

I think the last CodeMasters title i actually enjoyed was Overlord! Drop some hints to make a sequel please Lee :)

Actually come to think of it do CodeMasters actually make games anymore or just publish other studios titles? Hmmm.

We were Swordfish when we did 50 Cent.

Overlord 2 is in dev. The original was well received.

Codies still develop. GRID, DIRT, Operation Flashpoint and F1 are all in house.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Gamesmaster Magazine were raving over it, too.

Just noticed its out next month (ign has it as the 28th Feb) What stage is it in now? still testing etc?
Has '50' actually had much say on the game?

Lee

BMW M2C
It's all done and dusted, 360 versions passed a few weeks back, SCEA a week or so back, and SCEE last week.

He did have a fair amount yeah. For example, he wanted a driving level, and gangster fire.

Lee

BMW M2C
GMC was a month or so back. Now all versions are passed submission it should be off to the pressing plants. So no doubt there will be a copy up to download soon!! It's all in THQs hands now, so the rest is down to them.

Yeah, the achievements aren't bad. We weighted them more towards the main game, rather than loads you have to get playing it online.

DCi
can i be nosey and ask for any info please?! i loved operation flashpoint and it's add ons!

map editor was tons of fun too.

be interested to play a demo of the 50 cent game too, something i wouldnt ordinarily look to play, but seeing as the reviews are so great it must be worth a shot!

Lee

BMW M2C
I really can't say anything mate. Codies are strict on info leaks. It's not worth the risk.:dapprove:

If you liked the first though, it's very much the same sort of thing. Not enough action for me. lol

I can't see there being a demo. We didn't do a demo, as getting the game finished was the main priority. As you can imagine, being owned by Codemasters, finished a game for Activision Blizzard, which was then going to be published by THQ made things awkward.

DCi
i liked the first one because it was 'realistic' (i say that in quotes because i dont think a computer game will ever be a close representation of what going to war is like! but you know what i mean im sure!)

If it's anything similar as you say im sure ill like it. Will probably give it a go unless regardless unless the reviews are shocking lol

Lee

BMW M2C
It's certainly realistic compared to games like COD or Ghost Recon. Bores the pants of me though. lol

*Dynamique & RIP 172
Ive just showed my 15yr lad (grant ) this thread he says he looking forward to playing this game................ Oh the joys more money to spend. Question will it be rated 18 ? As when grant goes to game station he is always asked his age with certain games then i have to go and buy it for him.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's very much an 18 Mandy. Lots of blood, violence and bad language. It even has a swear button.

Can't say mate, sorry.

Ive just showed my 15yr lad (grant ) this thread he says he looking forward to playing this game................ Oh the joys more money to spend. Question will it be rated 18 ? As when grant goes to game station he is always asked his age with certain games then i have to go and buy it for him.

How about telling him to buy it himself with his own money then? When he's 18? :rolleyes:

Lee

BMW M2C
Cue a bunch of pre pubescent gangster wannabies 'dropping word bombs' lol!

It's VERY quotable. Half the office have been going round abusing each other with comments from the game. "f**k you, you f**king *****" being a poplular one.

It may not be to a lot of peoples tastes, but it's going to sell bucket loads. Estimated 2 million.

Whats 2million like in the grand scheme of things? No idea how games usually sell. Obviously not going to be selling like GTA/COD but is 2m good?

Lee

BMW M2C
2 million is very good. Very few games clear 1.

Gears 1 did almost 6!!! Ghost Recon 1 on 360 did 2.2m to give you an idea. The second did 1.5.

Crackdown, which I think is an awesome game, just cleared 1.5. So 2 million is amazing. I think that would net THQ something in the reqion of 70-80 million profit, as they didn't have to fund any of the dev.

GTA IV is now up to around 12 million in total on both formats!!!!!!!!!

BMW E92/Audi S3
No clue what his name is dude. I'll ask, and reply to this thread tomorrow as I will see my mate tomorrow morning.

It's VERY quotable. Half the office have been going round abusing each other with comments from the game. "f**k you, you f**king *****" being a poplular one.

It may not be to a lot of peoples tastes, but it's going to sell bucket loads. Estimated 2 million.

Does it have the c word? ;) If so I'll whack in a pre order!

Lee

BMW M2C
Does it have the c word? ;) If so I'll whack in a pre order!

It did originally, until the MD came in and said "I'm not letting a game leave this studio with the word c**t in it, so you f**king c***s had better remove it". lol

Funny, as he calls me one each day.