ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5000 rpm Kick

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Cold start the idle will be well above 1000rpm, when it's warm it will be just under/roughly around 1000.

The stock map idles much lower on both occasions.

197was/second 182is
On idle I've got about 1k rpm when hot, but when I'm rolling on neutral it's 1200... I thought it's something wrong with it. Also if I remember correct when engine is cold standard program got lover max rpm... Is it same with rs tuner map? Of so what is max rpm on coldish engine

BG Clio 182
Sounds like you have an RS Tuner map. I have matched inlets, decat/RS192, Intake and RS Tuner 98 RON map. My car does not so much have a "kick" at 5k as the feeling of the engine slightly "freeing up". Plenty of power lower but absolutely screams in the upper RPM ranges. Do not rev your motor out when cold, horrible for it and no need.

The K20 in the EP3 (I swapped one for my current 182) was boring below the Vtec crossover, then it screamed! (open intakes sound amazing on them) Very smooth running motor. Rest of the car was meh, but I LOVED the pre facelift seats.