ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

50K Service Time - Few Questions, Pointers Appreciated!

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
My 2010 MK3 1.5 DCi is hitting 50K miles in the next couple of weeks and I thought I would ask for a few pointers here regarding this. The car has been serviced every 12K since new - Renault performed the first service and I have done the 3 since. It's actually overdue now and the service light has already been on for a week, so I want to get this done before it hits 50K. Until now I've just been changing the oil, oil filter, interior pollen filter and air filter. I fitted a serviceable K&N air filter during the summer so I won't have to replace that any more. I know that this time I need to change the fuel filter as well, but are there any other things I should change or check at the 50K service?

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows the thread size of the sump bung? I would like to fit a magnetic bung this time.

Finally, is it worth changing the gearbox oil at this point? My DCi suffers from the same "sticky" H-gate as any other that I've driven, and I find it hard to engage reverse gear most of the time. If it's worth it, does anyone know the procedure?