ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5th Gear Golf GTI v's new subaru

Lotus Elise 111R
It really just was'nt upto the previous generation. She even said the handling was'nt fantastic, let alone the speed.

Just shows how far "warm" hatchs like the Golf GTi have come on, and taking scalps like that will really hurt Subaru, at least the Mitsi Evo has continued forward in the power and handling stakes - oh and price, it is way more expensive than the Subaru now.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Track times can be deceptive though. 197 was quicker than the Corsa VXR on track, but it was reversed on the road when EVO tested them.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
It all comes down to how much advertising revenue the mag or tv station gets from each manufacture.

That’s why the stig is anonymous so he cant get nobbled.

Asda will always be the cheapest supermarket in the daily mirror. As asda spend poo loads on advertising with them. Is all politics

MCS R56
It all comes down to how much advertising revenue the mag or tv station gets from each manufacture.

Asda will always be the cheapest supermarket in the daily mirror. As asda spend poo loads on advertising with them. Is all politics

Are you saying the more revenue 5th gear get from the VW means they will drive the Golf faster/better in order to make it appear faster/better than the rival car? In this case, a WRX.

Asda? Daily Mirror? What you on about? So if Citroen for example pay a shed more than BMW, for example, a C3 could come out looking better than a M3 and beat it around a track?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
It doesnt work like that at all.Thats just people with sour grapes moaning when there favourite car gets beaten fair and square

MY10 R35 GTR
would like to see the golf against th STI see what happens then??

certainly got the legs on the sti

Leon Cupra
the sti is incredible! it pulls like a train! i drove one couple of days ago and i have never driven anything that makes the 3mps feel slow

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP

Are you saying the more revenue 5th gear get from the VW means they will drive the Golf faster/better in order to make it appear faster/better than the rival car? In this case, a WRX.

Asda? Daily Mirror? What you on about? So if Citroen for example pay a shed more than BMW, for example, a C3 could come out looking better than a M3 and beat it around a track?

no im not saying that but all results vary thats all. last week on fith gear jason hated the supercharged lotus. and J.C on topgear said it was great.

what i said about asda etc was more related to the stig and why his id is kept secret.

u just have to look at any review in the media, a play, film or goods such a food. look at what else COULD be behind the reason people like or dislike things.

i find it had to belive the scooby lost out. it may well be all the things said in the review OR VBH may have been given a grand under the table!!

nothing is ever as it seems in the media that all

E90
GOLF GTi FTW, choice of champions, pmsl at "warm hatch" description of a gti, it has 200 Hp and does 150 mph just about hardly warm LOL

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
230 bhp v's 200.Plus the golf has 2wd and the scoob 4wd.Obviously going to go on the golfs side.

I think we are now reaching a stage where 2wd cars are keeping up with the lesser powered 4wd ones because there so well set up

E90
You cant half talk some b.ollocks, cups have been leathering all manner of 4wd 500 hp cars for years now, keep up. LOL :)

1.8 8v RSi
tell ya what....how abotu we go out n hire one of each car and race them both round a track and see which ones really better