ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5th Gear Prob-An Answer !!

Had it checked out by a local transmission place in Erith. He said it was the clip in fifth gear that had gone, apparently 5th is the only gear with this clip which is obviously why the gearstick only moves when in this gear. 300 sovs to repair it though, what do you reckon, take the risk or just get a new box put in, ideas on a postcard ??? Just thought Id let you know in case anyone else has this problem. Cant trust some places though, one bloke I went to see said my gearbox was totally mailto:sh@gged">sh@gged and needed doing ASAP at about 650 quid !!

Cheers,

Mike

Just rang a couple more, said it couldnt be repaired and over a grand to replace the box just because I have ABS which makes it an engine out jobby !?!?!? Help, what is going on, has anyone else had this " clip " in 5th repaired before ??? should I just throw caution to the wind and get a new box put in ?

Thanks again,

Mike

Cheers everyone, just spoke to someone else, described the problem to him and he guessed what car it was straight away, said it was deffo the clip in 5th, 100 quid labour to get the box out and see what the damage is from there, so fingers crossed its not new gear box time !! Strange no-one else has had this but there you go, first time for everything, Ill keep you posted ! Shame as I wouldnt mind doing Southend on Sat, maybe another time.

Thanks again

Mike