ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5th gear problems...

Valver..
i own a valver and l8ly wen drivin it wont go into 5th gear unless im goin over 60ish mph...any ideas wat this could be, i did a gear box oil change about 3 months ago but that cant be causing it...can it...?

Is this a sign that the box is on its way out?

Check the gearbox has enough oil in it.

Does it happen when the engines/gearbox has bene going for some time ie the oils warm?

Did you use the right or semi right gear oil spec wise?

80MPG BEEZA
make sure your sump plug is in, 5th gear is the furthest gear away from the oil so making sure you have enough in is paramount but not to much!

Valver..
Check the gearbox has enough oil in it.

Does it happen when the engines/gearbox has bene going for some time ie the oils warm?

Did you use the right or semi right gear oil spec wise?

its like it weather its been runnin 2 minutes or 2 hours even wen the car engine is turnned off u cant push it into 5th...i might have used the wrong oil i used stuff from work that we use in gear boxes for air crafts engines blokes at work said it would be alright.. wat oil should i use coz it might just be the fact i didnt out enough in or its the wrong stuff! :(

its like it weather its been runnin 2 minutes or 2 hours even wen the car engine is turnned off u cant push it into 5th...i might have used the wrong oil i used stuff from work that we use in gear boxes for air crafts engines blokes at work said it would be alright.. wat oil should i use coz it might just be the fact i didnt out enough in or its the wrong stuff! :(
Aircraft have sligtly different requirments.

75/90 weight gearbox oil Halford etc sell cheap stuff or there all the way to £50 etc stuff.

Valver..
rrrr cheers edde ill do a another oil change in the week and see if that makes a difference do you know how many litres it takes 5L's?