ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5th gear transmission bolt issues

Had a problem with the car shifting out of 5th gear on the motorway. Read in here about a loose bolt or nut. The t40 bolt was loose, so i tighten it. But now the gearbox wont go into 3rd,4rd or even 5th. It is currently standing with no oil in it, so im guessing thats why. Cross fingers i havent f'ed myself by tightening the wrong bolt or done something stupid. The plastic piece sticking out on the top right snapped when i removed the cover, along with the tube in the cap. Replace box? Where im from i wont find another jc589, but can i use a jc587 from a kangoo?

20200804_012528.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It’s in 5th gear in that picture, so that may be your issue. Pull the shaft out so the selector hub and centre slider are sitting flush.
DON’T pull the shaft out to far otherwise you’re into another world of pain.

This bolt here was loose, but if i tighten it there is no clearance for the gear itself. Is this the shaft i have to pull out?
20200804_150442.jpg

Got it back in m8, just about to detatch the steering rack to lower the subframe. All gears are usable again from the drivers seat
20200804_190753.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Also greeted by this, small chip in the gear. Something seems off about the bearing behind the gear. Grooves and edges. When i torqued the bolt, the gear would not spin by itself. I think there is supposed to be an o-ring behind the gear. That dissolved and caused the bolt to get loose and thats why its been faulty. Dont know if its worth putting back together. Seems like it needs repair.
20200804_210327.jpg
20200804_205552.jpg
20200804_210201.jpg