ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 speed box into 182??

Mk2 172
Has anyone on here or heard of anyone put a 6 speed box into a 182?? Either the megane or 197 box??

MERCEDES CLS AMG
TL4 might go but PK6 wont

Dont bother though as you dont need 6th - there both poor boxes anyway

MERCEDES CLS AMG
TL4's are OK at the moment - its when they get to 60k or 3 to 4 years old they will start breaking, just like the JC5's. The PK6 boxes are a load of junk full stop - i sell about 20 a week for Laguna's, Traffics and the odd Clio V6

Mk2 172
TL4's are OK at the moment - its when they get to 60k or 3 to 4 years old they will start breaking, just like the JC5's. The PK6 boxes are a load of junk full stop - i sell about 20 a week for Laguna's, Traffics and the odd Clio V6

ok cool. which one goes in which car??

182 Cup
I thought that when Fred was with Yozzasport they were offering a 6 speed conversion of some discription. Was it just a figment of my imagination?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I thought that when Fred was with Yozzasport they were offering a 6 speed conversion of some discription. Was it just a figment of my imagination?
Just pm'd dan with that exact thought! I'm sure they did, pricey though IIRC.

BMW M135i
at a guess i'd say the TL4 is for the 197. PK6 is the meggy
Meggy uses the (nissan designed?) ND0 box which is much better overall as far as i'm aware, 197 uses the same. The PK6 is fitted to stuff with the old 3.0 v6 such as the Laguna V6 and Clio V6, and the traffic dci 6 speed.

Not sure which/how/what with a TL4 box though.

BMW M135i

Just pm'd dan with that exact thought! I'm sure they did, pricey though IIRC.
Pretty sure you could put a 6 speed gearset into a JC5 box and that was the idea, ND0 box is too big and doesn't fit.

or just run a proper seven speed hewland box if you can get them at the right price..
about 3/4k secondhand..with driveshafts..

Lionel Richie

correct, with LSD, different ratios on 1-5 plus the extra 6th, plus rebuild, pump, lines, cooler etc, its probably over £4k now

320d
I'd like a 6th gear in my 182. It would be awesome with the 200's ratio's. Well maybe a slightly longer top gear for motorway stuff.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
02m vw gearbox, has been covered many times... Scoff has developed a flywheel and adaptor plate for it.

look at efi-parts.co.uk,
would need to fit audi/vw shifter box, hydro clutch, mounts and custom speedo.

big boost cup
02m vw gearbox, has been covered many times... Scoff has developed a flywheel and adaptor plate for it.

look at efi-parts.co.uk,
would need to fit audi/vw shifter box, hydro clutch, mounts and custom speedo.

This would be the best bet I reckon having mine done as i speak. failing that meg lump and box