ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60 - 100mph times

Tried it on the way to work this morning and got around 9.79 and worst was 10.12. I also tried 60 - 90 which came out at 5.8 (and that was on a run of 9.97 60 - 100mph).

All tests were starting in 3rd at 60mph. half tank. Cup.

What surprises me is that = around 4sec 90-100mph?!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Seems very quick, which Gsi is it?

*edit* Just seen the other thread, nice motor.

[Edited by MartinS on 09 May 2004 at 8:44pm]

"What surprises me is that = around 4sec 90-100mph?!"

its takes my fiat 2 secs for 90-100

dont you have a gear change at that point?, also "coe" factor is more impotant at those sort of speeds, and high torque needed.

its takes the cup 34secs to get to 120(evo mag review)

its takes 22secs for the fiat to get to same speed.

"had regal larger throttle bodie, superchip, decat, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, Induction kit, l+b flywheel, Bastuck exhaust, ngk gold plugs," -VectraGSI-

Quote: Originally posted by dave20vt on 09 May 2004

"dont you have a gear change at that point?, also "coe" factor is more impotant at those sort of speeds, and high torque needed.
yip, gear change at 7100rpm ish 92mph ish 3rd into 4th.

Timed my Cup 0-90 tonight and got 12.54 so 4 extra seconds to about a ton seems right.

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 11 May 2004

mac mate with that time ur 1/4 must be about 13.5 secs

lol
that was starting the stop watch exactly when I floored it. sh*t hot start as well. Not like the 1/4 mile where you have reaction times etc and another gear change and a teminal of 90 - odd mph

And it was speedo reading.

[Edited by MAC30L on 11 May 2004 at 5:25pm]

[Edited by MAC30L on 11 May 2004 at 5:27pm]

williams and trophy

anywhere other than crail mate ur 1/4 time is exactly that.........how long it takes to cover the 1/4, not how long it takes u to react to lites n THEN cover the 1/4 lol

dunno how they work it out up at crail but it seems a poor system....imo

thats wot i was sayin, if u can hit 90 in 12 secs......then a 13 sec 1/4 is well on the cards...dunno wot uv dun to ur motor but no other 172s cups etc can get below 14s yet