ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60 - 100mph times

Just curious to see if anyone has tried timing from 60 to 100mph.

Had a go earlier on our local unused runway and got 9.7secs, probably not amazingly accurate though!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Or running through from 2nd, might have more momentum than sitting in 3rd?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I did five, best was 8.44 worst 9.09. Seems pretty quick, Im trying to work out how the williams takes 20.8 to do 0-100??!

[Edited by MartinS on 06 May 2004 at 6:22pm]

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

A few, mainly stripped out interior and usual breathing mods. Not bad just need some cams/headwork etc now. If I can find some money......

i am very doubtful about the 8-9 sec times for 60 -100 for you guys, my fiat coupe 20vt, has book times of 8, 8.5 secs, so i think the timing method and speedo miss reading at 100 etc, might be where the problems lay.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

i dunno... clean16vs 40-100 was v quick.

mind u, were u raggin it from 0-100 and timing it from 60-100? or were u sitting at 60 and then gunning the throttle in 3rd?

coz the latter wud b alot slower.

Quote: Originally posted by dave20vt on 06 May 2004

i am very doubtful about the 8-9 sec times for 60 -100 for you guys, my fiat coupe 20vt, has book times of 8, 8.5 secs, so i think the timing method and speedo miss reading at 100 etc, might be where the problems lay.

Dave remember I managed to terminal at 98 mph after doing a 2.6 60 ft, is that not the same terminal speed as you were getting with better starts? Thats on a Cup with exhaust mods and a chip (no IK) so maybe Martins is that quick as 2.0 valvers with similar mods as his are pretty much the same as mine on the 1/4 mile.

Neil - i was doing 2.4 60ft, and 99.5sec terminal speed, 14.5 1/4 time.

60 - 100, would need 1 gear change to get over 100 for the clios?

and lower torque, would affect its 60 - 100 time compared to the coop, which has the high torque, no gear for ton stuff, does 110 3rd gear rev limter.

talking of top speeds in gear, iam getting a volvo s60 t5 for work and looking up details and worked out the volvo can do 118mph in 3rd gear, and a test drive confirms this!, what a great overtaking tool !

how do you think you would fair againest the tank?, when i get it, i will bring it to crail

dave

So the coupes 60-100 is flattered by the fact it doesnt need any gear changes to go from 60-100, interesting... same goes for 1/4 mile. Do you know the 0-90 of a Coupe?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Timing with a stopwatch is never 100% accurate but I did it five times to get an average result. Im confident my car will do 60-100 in around 9 secs dead all day. Even if I did 65-105 on the clock (to compensate for speedo error) the result wouldnt be that much different.

As a comparison I went to a meet where there was a R32 Golf and 190 bhp 172. My car was very similar in performance to those two cars, which was good.:D

Yes but we were holding the car at 60mph then accelerating and timing it from 60mph to 100mph...

that 9.7secs was marginally uphill aswell...........interesting.

ok i did this today , used my stopwatch on phone and got 9.67 ok its not excatly accurate but gives me a idea

err its the A1M lol, yes virtually standard just got a devil straight thorugh system thats it, and as i said its with my stopwatch on my phone which isnt likely to be accurate lol or my timing

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Seems good for standard, looks like you could do a 0-100 in less than 20.8 any way. Seems like they had a learner driver doing the testing when they came up with that time!

ROTFLMAO^^^^^^

they must of had a learner lol i reckon were looking at 18sec to 100 but thats just a guess!

lol ok u can have that, i know which one u mean! a614 i think it is?

theres some great roads to drive on the outskirts of donny

yeah, thats the one that has them 2 metal bridges, about 3 mile from snaith, that i usually go over at 80 odd!

hehe i havent been up there in the williams yet, been bombing about the lanes down high melton/marr way all that area some high speed corners there;)

i know i know, u should come with us next time we have a meet in beverley, bit like bombing round the lanes of donny, but at warp speed and im sure u would enjoy it, and u would b made welcome!

cool i will have too m8 :D would be fun , love playing in williams handles sweet as shame its got w**k tyres on it!!