ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60 mm drop

FOR SALE!!!
fitted the back 60mm spings and dampers last nite and my car aint sitting as low as i thort i no the front still needs doing but how much will the back drop after its had chance to bed in i can get 2-3 fingers in the arch still has any body any pics of how low the back should go its 60mm apex

clio
wen i lowed my car 30mm the front lowed ok but the back was 1inc higher than standed i tried every thing but it would not go down. so i told demon tweeks and thay have got me a new set of springs and are fitting then for half price next week.

just check the springs are the right ones for the car.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Gotta remember if you get 30mm springs on the front and 30mm on the back .. thats not taking into account the weight difference from front to rear.. In the front you have the engine and transmission.. in the back.. theres hardly any weight.

I plan to lower mine by 40mm on the front and 45-50 on the rear to help even it out.

Chelsea tractor
It can take up to a month for the springs to bed in guys...

Get some mates to sit in the back and drive around for about a week ;)

White Sti Hatch
ive got mine lowered 40mm on apex atm and the rear is lower than the front by about a half inch

Gotta remember if you get 30mm springs on the front and 30mm on the back .. thats not taking into account the weight difference from front to rear.. In the front you have the engine and transmission.. in the back.. theres hardly any weight.

I plan to lower mine by 40mm on the front and 45-50 on the rear to help even it out.

Front should always be lower than the back

Weight won't affect well desinged and correctly used springs.

i heard you can get these things called something like spring lowering caps that drop the front an extra 10mm.

i heard you can get these things called something like spring lowering caps that drop the front an extra 10mm.

You could get smaller spring holder but its much like cutting down the stock one and at the end of the day its there for a reason.

FOR SALE!!!
right after a full weekends work i finaly got the fronts on as my spacing was the 56mm instead of 58mm so had to do some mods to get them fit but now the front is sitting quite high compared to the back and also the wheels are very camberd but rather than been camberd out they have camberd in what could i have done wrong? also the front is 4 fingers under the arch is this rite for a 60mm drop? ill have pics later

my spacing was the 56mm instead of 58mm so had to do some mods to get them fit but now the front is sitting quite high compared to the back and also the wheels are very camberd but rather than been camberd out they have camberd in what could i have done wrong? also the front is 4 fingers under the arch is this rite for a 60mm drop? ill have pics later

56mm you sure?

What do you mean by out and in are they like this (as viwed from the front)

/ \

or this

\ /

Don't forget what is supposed 60mm doens't actualy mean 60mm are you sure you have the right sprng kit as well?

Trophy 007
must be careful tho with slightly older cars anyone who has say R5s or mkI clio coz the lowered car puts the dampers under permanent compression and can go very, very quickly. i know i've been there, didnt bother getting the t shirt...

FOR SALE!!!
edde;3013994 56mm you sure? What do you mean by out and in are they like this (as viwed from the front) / \ or this \ / Don't forget what is supposed 60mm doens't actualy mean 60mm are you sure you have the right sprng kit as well?[/quote said:
they are like this edde

\ /

well 99% sure as they would not lie up at all so extended the bottom hole and now they fit fine just as i said not happy with how the wheels are sitting

FOR SALE!!!
i just thought will they be sitting at the rong camber mayb as i only drilled out the bottom hole?

here is a quick pick they aint sitting as bad now i have had a play but still very camberd
S6001626.gif

FOR SALE!!!
what do you think it could be eddie it has not yet had a drive yet as still revoked so you think the drive shafts still mite have to move under the weight of the car? our anythink else you could think of checking mayb tracking and noticed today the tires are not at full pressure mayb tis could make it look wrong but they aint flat so? cheers guys

what do you think it could be eddie it has not yet had a drive yet as still revoked so you think the drive shafts still mite have to move under the weight of the car? our anythink else you could think of checking mayb tracking and noticed today the tires are not at full pressure mayb tis could make it look wrong but they aint flat so? cheers guys

Have you used the right shock did you put it together right?

That just donesn't look right at all I recon the shocks used or fitments wrong (although to mess up fitment near impossible to end up like this)

FOR SALE!!!
yar so you think taking it for a little drive mite not make them drop proper as its still sitting high

to start i jacked car up etc then took the hole shock off swaped over the rubber etc to the new damper then put the spring in so sits in the rubber bed in the right postionthen used springs clamps till the spring was below the theared on the damper then put ther rubber on and then bolted it all up then put back onto car and made sure everythink was tight and could not go any lower on the top mount then put wheel back on did this both sides but now sits like this you think mayb drilling the bottom hole could have sumthink do with it?

Clio 172 ph1
Have you moved the car at all since you took the jack from under it ????

because you have had the car up in the air the wheels under no load will on dropping it back to the floor stay where they fall so imho roll it back and forward or take it round the block and look at it after you have moved it as then it will settle and should be in the orig pos before any work

FOR SALE!!!
moved it back and forwards a little note to much tho why thinking a drive mite help it but as revoked bit hard lol

FOR SALE!!!
after taking it for a little drive up and down the road and swaping the front wheel to the back as the fronts has 215/40/r16 on the passenger side were i changed the wheels is sitting fine now and has camberd the other way so hopfully if i change the other side wheels over i should be sorted