ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60000 mile service

clio 20v

just got back from ABP motorsport who did it for 90quid which isnt bad

got new plugs, oil change and a general check and they spent nearly 2 hrs on it

problems that need to be sorted are- aux drive belt starting to crack, anti roll bar mount snapped which i new about and non exsistent rear wiper blade, also rear brake discs corroded and rear pads down to 3mm

otherwise ok thank god

adi

The auxillary drive belt is harder to change than youd imagine due to the lack of space. Its usually done by undoing a tensioner nut on the adjuster puuley, but if the tension is OK, then Id do it by taking the alternator off - much easier IMO. Dont let it snap in service - it isnt good! Having said that, I drove for 10k (which isnt like me) with a shagged belt: they dont snap unless theyre really, really bad.

As for the anti-roll bar mounts, do they mean the anti roll bar bushes? Or do they mean the actual supports themselves? I had someone tell me mine were dodgy, so I changed the bushes, near to the brake callipers/CV/track rod ends. Was this right? Cheers.

clio 20v

the balljoint where the arb bolts on the the wishbone has snapped off completely also one of the bushes has started to split

im going to get the cambelt done soon so ill get the aux drivebelt done then in the meantime though i need some new rear brakes ill see how much cash ive got left after christmas think ill go uprated all round

adi