ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60mm shocks

right getting sick of my car bouncing about like a bloody kangaroo so ive decided to get some decent shocks.

but after a few phone calls the only shocks that seem to be coming back to me are konis. and they are 374 bucks!

so before i spend a small fortune, anyone know any cheaper ones na?

See if Spax will sell you the dampers seperatly..im sure if you claim you have their kit and the dampers are broken theyll let you have them..

What springs have you got?

Eibachs are much better for ride comfort being progressive..

-Rob

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

speak to K-tec, Dave will sort the konis out cheaper than that!!!!!!!

Phone Demon Tweaks and speak to John Harris.

I bought my koni adjustables from there and got a pretty good discount.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 21 January 2004

Konis are rock f**king hard
Konis are adjustable so you can set it up how you like.

My ride is only a bit harder than standard.

Ah right didnt realise they were adjustables but that means £400 plus fitting whereas the spax ones would be under half of that..

-Rob

Yeah but you get what you pay!

Ive had spax kits before and dont think much of them....but this is the 2nd car Ive had konis on and they are pure quality.

Can someone please explain this suspension lark to me or least point me in the right direction to it.

From what I understand above the dampers are related to the amount of oscilations the car does before it settles down over bumps.

If so what do the bits of rubber do at the stop of the suspension mount do as I was under the impression they did that.

Springs do nothing much for damping of the ride then, there just meant for the car to go up and down more difficultly?

So if this is true how do I fix the lifeless stearing on my dynamic so I get some sort of road feedback?

Thanks for any help I get more confused the more I read.

Also when you say you get a good price what is this like 20% discount? How much does total suspension packages cost there seems to be no rough figure you can get kits for £250 and others for £750 which look the same.

EDD

Lionel Richie

ClioJohn, Ignore the 60mm koni thing, itll be fine using koni shocks with 60mm Pi springs

edde, youve pretty much got the jist of it there!!!

The rubber things are the top mounts, these have a bearing under them which allows the entire strut to twist when you turn the wheel

On the shock shaft there is a thing called a bump stop which is there to stop the spring compressing fully when you hit a dip in the road. Its like a mini shock