ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6J 15's have I made a boob - Newbie

Clio Cup 172
Morning all,
As a newbie 172 Cup owner who intends to mainly use the car for trackday fun, I have bought a set of std 6J 15's with a view to using them for track days and keep the Turini's for road tarting / wet use (Michelin's seem favourite).
Doing a search this morning seems people are not using the REnault STD 15's but Team Dynamics and anything up to 7J so have I made a boob buying the STD wheels. Its not such a major as daughter has a 1.2 Clio with crappy tyres on her alloys and these at least have good tread even if they are Wannli brand.
I also see lots of post to go for 205 50 15 on the tyre front, seems I will be splashing a lot of tyre cash in the near future as the Turini's will need new tyres anyway and a little refurb to white maybe.
I have done the search and a fair few but not sure I saw anything on the 6J 15 std renault alloys, I assume these will also be heavy old beasts hence not favored ?
Thanks
Ian

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can't really comment on the wheels but I run 6.5j with 205/50/15's. My first day will be with the above. Previous days have been with 195's. I also got a set of federal rsr tyres from pneus online for £250 ish. The 205's on the limited road use seem great but seem to follow the roughness of the road more than the 195's. But I had read that beforehand.