ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6k limiter problem & its DEF not coolant sensor :-S

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
Right car is limiting @ 6k

changed the coolant sensor but no difference, i swear it did go past 6k one time early on but then every gear after it wont go past 6k.

REALLY f**kING ANNOYING

are there any other things i should look at to try and solve this problemo?

The wires all 'look' ok... is it likely to be the wiring? how would i go about changing it? easier to do the whole loom ?

Fred , Iccarus Ben_p and the usual gurus any advice would be much welcomed.

thanks

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
right had a fiddle with the wires to the CTS and went for a drive after it was warmed up for a little while it went to 6800rpm twice in two diff gears 2nd and 3rd (first tmie i gave it some right foot after warming up)

i then slowed down turned around and gave it some juice and then it would only go to 6000rpm now.

checked the diagnostic thing on the stalk control and it says t---

which someone once said this is an injectoor fault and then said no its actually a oil level sensor fault?

i regularly check the oil level manually anyway despite it always saying its ok when i turn on the ignition etc. The oil level is fine.

So WTF could it be?

Fuel pump?
Oil / water pump?
Dodgey thermostat?

i really ran out of ideas and want to avoid going main dealer for obvious arse ripping reasons.

cheers